+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status - traveling abroad

leo.rpa

Aug 13, 2019
Hi guys,

Does anyone have experience traveling outside Canada while on implied status?

I have extended my work permit (Bridging Work Permit) but I don’t have a decision about it yet. Also i have applied for my PR.

I had booked to go back home for holidays.

does anyone have any experience to share about it?

thank you

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi guys,

I have extended my work permit (Bridging Work Permit) but I don’t have a decision about it yet. Also i have applied for my PR.

thank you
Are you still working with an employer? Depends on how important you consider the holiday travel. You may be allowed to come back to Canada as a visitor, if immigration have not yet decided to extend your work permit. It is important to note that, you cannot work until you get your work permit extension. The officer at the port of entry may ask you to prove you have enough money to support yourself in Canada.

Reactions: leo.rpa

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi guys,

thank you
Simply put, "implied status" terminates as soon as you leave Canada. Upon reentry, you no longer benefit from the previous "implied status", such as being able to work.

Reactions: leo.rpa and k.h.p.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Than you guys. It’s advised not travel abroad.
When did you applied for the bridging work permit? You can also check the processing times to estimate how long it is going to take to process.I will advice you to be safe with your status. Immigration officers are not the same. If the holiday is for very short days. I wound not bother for now.

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi guys,

thank you
Hi,

Did you fix your problem with the system generated error before the payment page???