+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status in Physical presence calculator - PR approved before Work Permit extn approval

Vivaan12

Dec 25, 2022
Hello Friends,

I am filling my citizenship application. I have a doubt regarding Physical Presence Calculator section of Citizenship application.
My company applied for my work permit extension, but my PR came before the extension was approved. Because of this, my ongoing extension application was cancelled and money was refunded to my employer.
So, I was effectively on 'Implied status', from the time of my first work permit expiry to the time of PR approval. At that time my company's immigration team told me that I can work during the implied status also, as they filed extension before work permit expiry.
Now, I am not sure what should I fill in Physical Presence Calculator section of Citizenship application. If I answer 'No' to Work Permit extension, then it will be wrong as I did applied for extension and there was also no rejection on the application. If I answer 'Yes', then I need to provide the expiry date.
What should i do here? Please advise.

Thanks and will appreciate any response.

Last edited:

claytonedk

Apr 8, 2020
Hi Vivian, I am in the same situation and I do not know how to enter this in the calculator. Do you have some news?

Vivaan12

Dec 25, 2022
Hi Vivian, I am in the same situation and I do not know how to enter this in the calculator. Do you have some news?
I called customer care and they suggested to enter the extension start date from the time work permit expired. End date you should mention the day your PR got approved. So, I have proceeded with this suggestion only.
I will recommend you also call the customer care and ask the same. You can share your experience here.