+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status and the CCB (Canadian Child Benefit)

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
This has happened to me a few times. I got backpay for the months I was in implied status and just needed to upload my new work permit to my cra account.
Sound like you are the only person in this thread that got backpay for implied (maintained) status.
My WP expired Nov 30, 2022. The new one started on Feb 4, 2023 and CRA told me that we don't qualify for 3 months:
Dec 22, Jan 23 and Feb 23 (must be eligible at the end of previous month).

No clear documents about this policy so far.
CRA said they will only do they backpay if your new WP started on the consecutive date to your previously expired WP, which is impossible.

Is there anyone with another example?

Thank you.

Reactions: C_vitamin

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Let me know if you find something.... I will do the same!! I am planning next week to meet an accountant capable to take this further.
I spoke to an accountant , but he said issue date is important for ccb. He also suggested me to call cra and explain the situation, but I already called them and the agent told me the same thing. I don’t know what to do now. I guess I’ll explain my situation with a letter of explanation and upload it to cra webpage. By the way Someone also suggested me to call cra and try to speak with a senior agent. Please let me know after you speak with the accountant. He may know better.

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
To get you all updated:
Just received our CCB after 3 months on Maintained Status (Dec-Jan-Feb).
Our WP started on Feb 4th, and the CCB resumes from Feb to Mar.
No payment for Dec-Jan (I guess with the actually received amount).

If anyone has experienced a similar case, please share it with us here.
Thank you

MUZZ1122

Feb 14, 2023
To get you all updated:
Just received our CCB after 3 months on Maintained Status (Dec-Jan-Feb).
Our WP started on Feb 4th, and the CCB resumes from Feb to Mar.
No payment for Dec-Jan (I guess with the actually received amount).

If anyone has experienced a similar case, please share it with us here.
Thank you
Thanks for great info on this thread.
Have you reapplied for resumption of CCB? I am on implied status right now, and CCB is stopped, have applied for BOWP.
What should I do when have either PR or BOWP in hand in order to resume CCB payments? Should reapply or just inform CRA?

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Thanks for great info on this thread.
Have you reapplied for resumption of CCB? I am on implied status right now, and CCB is stopped, have applied for BOWP.
What should I do when have either PR or BOWP in hand in order to resume CCB payments? Should reapply or just inform CRA?
Just to provide an update:
We have each and every month paid. Just took time for them to show. (A big amount combined 4 unpaid months).
So personally speaking, as long as you meet the requirements, you will receive the amount as per government policy.
(I sent updated status whenever we had something changed).

MUZZ1122

Feb 14, 2023
Just to provide an update:
We have each and every month paid. Just took time for them to show. (A big amount combined 4 unpaid months).
So personally speaking, as long as you meet the requirements, you will receive the amount as per government policy.
(I sent updated status whenever we had something changed).
Thanks
You raised webform to them or mail your updated docs?

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Thanks
You raised webform to them or mail your updated docs?
Used CRA account "Submitted Document" section + Phone.
Just call to tell them about your situation + supporting documents, don't ask questions as sometimes the answers may go another way :)