+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status and the CCB (Canadian Child Benefit)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you tell me when was your last permit expired and what is the issue date in your new permit? I spoke to CRA agent And he told me child benefit depend on the issue date of new permit. As an example my previous permit expired in June 30th and still I didn’t get my new extension yet. If they send me new extension with September as a issue date then I can’t get my July to September child benefit

please reply
There isn’t unlimited backpay. Usually only 3 months.

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I'm in the same situation when finding this thread.
Applied for PGWP on Sep 8, 2022, and still waiting. Received the Nov CCB (the last effective month of the previous permit and now on maintained status).

With the current timeline (165 days), hope to see the new permit in Feb 2023. So there may be 3 months without CCB (Dec 22, Jan & Feb 23), according to the information sharing that we have here.

I'll share the updates, and looking forward to someone with real case scenarios.
Thank you and Happy New Year.

Reactions: C_vitamin

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
My work permit expired last year dec 8,2021 and my ccb cancelled. I applied pgwp extension on September 11,2022 and expecting to receive it in Feb,2023. I called CCB line and asked about the backpay and unfortunately I was told that new ccb will start only after you receive your actual work permit and there will be no back payment. I missed more than 1 year of payments. It’s bulshit situation. I have interim work authorization but they don’t care it…

Fan-fan

Jan 1, 2023
I have the same situation now . My work permit already expired 4 months ago still waiting for LMIA to apply new work permit.. My PR application IRRC told me will take about 27 months so when I got my new work permit I can't ask CRA about the payment that they canceled when iam in implied status? Thanks you .

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I am in the same situation CRA Don't want todo back payments... I wanted 2 years for my nww work permit.

Anyone can give update of receiving back payments while on implied status?

I am planning to go to court !

My kids right shouldn't be ripped off

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I am in the same situation CRA Don't want todo back payments... I wanted 2 years for my nww work permit.

I agree with you. My son born here, but no payment since december 2021. It’s more than 1 year. They collect our tax, but no payment for ccb because of implied status. I want to sue them too, but lawyers fee are crazy high..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

How were you entitled to qualify OWP when your PR application was denied and implied status?

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
She applied for study permit and an OWP in August 2019. They took 2 years to reply with an approval... 26 months on implied status

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I agree with you. My son born here, but no payment since december 2021. It’s more than 1 year. They collect our tax, but no payment for ccb because of implied status. I want to sue them too, but lawyers fee are crazy high..
How much lawyers asked you for suing them?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She applied for study permit and an OWP in August 2019. They took 2 years to reply with an approval... 26 months on implied status
How were you on implied status? Was she actively studying in 2019 when she applied for the study permit? Was it a study permit extension? When did this program start and end? It seems as though you applied for a new OWP and study permit which would’t give you implied status.

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Implied status is when you wait ircc replies to your TRP application. But you have to submitted before the previous one expires
That is what we did.
Her program started last ictober 2022. She started after getting study permit approved. Now I am accompanying her and my statusnchanged from closed WP to OWP