+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status and the CCB (Canadian Child Benefit)

MUZZ1122

Feb 14, 2023
Used CRA account "Submitted Document" section + Phone.
Just call to tell them about your situation + supporting documents, don't ask questions as sometimes the answers may go another way :)
thank you dear , and I am using your power BI dashboard, it's simply best.

Reactions: longvh

approvalplease

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
I am here to clear up some confusion. You can receive CCB while on implied status. I just did. Submit the implied status letter way ahead of time and then call and tell them you want the dates to continue because your status continues. I have payments lined up until may. And my permit expired in Nov 2023

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am here to clear up some confusion. You can receive CCB while on implied status. I just did. Submit the implied status letter way ahead of time and then call and tell them you want the dates to continue because your status continues. I have payments lined up until may. And my permit expired in Nov 2023
That is typically not the case because CRA wants to ensure you get approved for your next permit or PR before they pay out your CCB amount that you would have received during implied status. If you got denied the next permit or PR CRA would have paid out money and may have difficulty recouping the money if the person leaves. You can certainly try but it is not guaranteed.