+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status and Biometrics

GPenny

Aug 10, 2019
Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I am currently on implied status but I have been asked to go to the USA to get my BIOMETRICS done, does anyone know if I will have any trouble getting back in to Canada and will I also still be allowed work once I am back in Canada?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I am currently on implied status but I have been asked to go to the USA to get my BIOMETRICS done, does anyone know if I will have any trouble getting back in to Canada and will I also still be allowed work once I am back in Canada?

Thank you
No one can guarantee you will be allowed to re-enter.

No, you will not be allowed to work. Implied Status ends when you leave Canada. You will re-enter as a visitor.

GPenny

Aug 10, 2019
No one can guarantee you will be allowed to re-enter.

No, you will not be allowed to work. Implied Status ends when you leave Canada. You will re-enter as a visitor.
Even though the only reason I am leaving is because they have requested that I have to get my biometrics done in the USA and I will have only left for a number of hours? This seems ridiculous.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Even though the only reason I am leaving is because they have requested that I have to get my biometrics done in the USA and I will have only left for a number of hours? This seems ridiculous.
Yes. It doesn't matter what the reason is. You are leaving Canada and Implied Status as a worker ends. You will enter as a visitor.

Mari21

Sep 25, 2019
Hi

Thank you
I have the same situation as you. Any updates with your situation?

GPenny

Aug 10, 2019
I have the same situation as you. Any updates with your situation?
Yes I had to do a lot of searching to talk to the right person - keep on calling the help line until you talk to the right person. Once I talked to someone who knew that they were talking about it turned out I got send this letter requesting me to get my biometrics done as an error. Once this was established I got a new letter sent to my account explaining that as I was in Canada and had established myself here I did not need to leave Canada to get my biometrics done and I was for this reason exempt.
I hope this helps you.

Reactions: e-16

Mari21

Sep 25, 2019
Yes I had to do a lot of searching to talk to the right person - keep on calling the help line until you talk to the right person. Once I talked to someone who knew that they were talking about it turned out I got send this letter requesting me to get my biometrics done as an error. Once this was established I got a new letter sent to my account explaining that as I was in Canada and had established myself here I did not need to leave Canada to get my biometrics done and I was for this reason exempt.
I hope this helps you.
This is really helpful. I’ve been here in Canada since 2017 and my employer finally got a positive LMIA. What do you mean by you’re established here already? Thank you