+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implication of denial entry (but allowed entry in 1hr) on PR application

im_rrk

Feb 11, 2019
Dear all, I am in the process of waiting on my express entry final approval.
  • I am on a work permit working in Canada from last 2 years (Indian Citizen)
  • I have got express entry ITA in Aug 2019, Medical passed last week of Sep 2019, since then waiting on further update (ETA Feb 22, 2020)
Bit of a context before my question:

First time when I came to Canada by road from US at peace bridge, immigration officer asked me "A"-number" to issue my work permit and somehow my attorney has not provided that after having lots of discussion with immigration officer, they have issues me a paper and ask me to go back to US and once I have the A number advise me to enter that time.
But immediately I have got my A number from my attorney and they issues me work permit and let me in same day in an hr and asked me to discard the paper they have issues to go back.
Note: at that time officer has not told me that paper is denial of entry paper, I got to know later.

Now, since then every time when I enter in Canada by air I have to go through a separate screening and tell the immigration officer same story and all the time they let me in immediately.

"One of the officer mentioned your peace bridge denial of entry is still open it should have been close/cancel that is why you have to go through extra screening."

Now my questions are:

1. Will it effect my PR application process? (I have got my work permit extension done, I have entered many times in Canada many time since then)
2. How can I ask Canada immigration to close that denial of entry so that I dont need to go for extra screening all the time?

Any help would be appreciated.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
there is a stat question 'have you ever been denied entry.....etc' in the PR application. you need to answer yes and provide an explanation. it wont negatively affect your application.

Reactions: im_rrk

im_rrk

Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for the response. Understand that, but actually as I have mentioned I was not aware of that they have issued me denial of entry, I recently got to know when I came to Canada from US after a business trip and extra screening officer told me that.
I have not mentioned the denial of entry in my application.

Other thing is:
How can I ask Canada immigration to close that denial of entry so that I dont need to go for extra screening all the time?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
you can raise a cse webform and ask to change the answer to the question with details.
im not sure how you can ask cic to close the denial of entry.