+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact on Canada PR status due to change in Citizenship

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
No as long as when you got the NZ was after you got your PR card. It will appear to be citizenship shopping. H&C may be quite difficult to get. Lawyers want you to hire them so often give an optimistic view of the situation. Your child will not have access to healthcare during the H&C process and may not be able to register in school. You should get emergency health coverage but will have to pay for routine care out of pocket.
Hi Canuck,
Yes the medical i will have to pay which i have made my mind on that. Also my daughter is just 9 month old so she is not going to go to school soon. I understand it will be difficult but at this stage all the lawyers said to be as transparent as possible and move to nz and apply for H&C.
They said Renouncing will only create more confusion to cic.
So will just go with the flow, hope for the best and mentally be ready/prepare for the worst
Thanks
Kunal

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
Hi Canuck,
Yes the medical i will have to pay which i have made my mind on that. Also my daughter is just 9 month old so she is not going to go to school soon. I understand it will be difficult but at this stage all the lawyers said to be as transparent as possible and move to nz and apply for H&C.
So will just go with the flow, hope for the best and mentally be ready/prepare for the worst
Thanks
Kunal
Also lawyers have said chances are it can swing either ways. As these type of things are depended on discretion of the case officers.
Thanks
Kunal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck,
Thanks
Kunal
Actually the safest way would be to reapply as a whole family if you qualify. H&C takes around 3 years and the wait times keep increasing.

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
But all the lawyers 3 from toronto and 1 from
Vancouver all said not to renounce it and apply again as that means i am playing with the system rather they said to apply for H&C and with best interest of child as she is very small and also that i have informed the cic although late but still before arriving they might consider it.

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
Do you or anyone knows any family who has applied for H&C and got approved
Or in process of approval ?
Thanks
Kunal

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Do you or anyone knows any family who has applied for H&C and got approved
Or in process of approval ?
Thanks
Kunal
Interesting, you have NZ citizenship, hence can live/work in Aus as well.

Just curious, what can Canada give you which NZ/AZ cannot ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But all the lawyers 3 from toronto and 1 from
Vancouver all said not to renounce it and apply again as that means i am playing with the system rather they said to apply for H&C and with best interest of child as she is very small and also that i have informed the cic although late but still before arriving they might consider it.
That is very strange advice. Did you file on your own so no fee for the lawyer? Being approved for PR would be approved if you meet the requirements for PR. You can similarly explain that you didn’t understand how you needed to add your daughter and landed with her as a visitor.