+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of studying in Canada on immigartion & citizenship.. plz help

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
I am planning to start my university studies in Canada. My father has already applied for immigration, but so far we are not sure whether or when we will get PR and transfer to Canada.

I have following questions:
1. What it is the process to get study visa? Should I get admission first or apply for study visa first?
2. How long does it for Pakistani nationals?
3. Will my stay in Canada during my studies have any positive impacts on my immigration/PR/citizenship?

I look forward to seasoned forum members to help and guide me on this...

Thanks a lot.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
sharedknowledge said:
I am planning to start my university studies in Canada. My father has already applied for immigration, but so far we are not sure whether or when we will get PR and transfer to Canada.

I have following questions:
1. What it is the process to get study visa? Should I get admission first or apply for study visa first?
2. How long does it for Pakistani nationals?
3. Will my stay in Canada during my studies have any positive impacts on my immigration/PR/citizenship?

I look forward to seasoned forum members to help and guide me on this...

Thanks a lot.
You can find all the answers to your questions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Also check the CIC website for your country of citizenship or residence.

Keep in mind that in order to apply for a study permit and temporary resident visa, you have to convince the VO that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies/authorized stay.

Canada does have programs for international students to get work permits and PR but at the time of the initial application, you have to convince the officer that you will leave at the end of your legal stay.

Since your father has already applied for PR, then your intention is to clearly permanently stay in Canada. I think the best thing would be for you is to wait until your father receives his PR. Others might have a different opinion but this is my own understanding of how Canadian immigration law works.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samroc said:
Since your father has already applied for PR, then your intention is to clearly permanently stay in Canada. I think the best thing would be for you is to wait until your father receives his PR. Others might have a different opinion but this is my own understanding of how Canadian immigration law works.
I agree. Tuition fees alone will be a third of what an international student pays. That is, if you become PR as well if your father has applied for PR including the family.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
samroc said:
You can find all the answers to your questions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Also check the CIC website for your country of citizenship or residence.

Keep in mind that in order to apply for a study permit and temporary resident visa, you have to convince the VO that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies/authorized stay.

Canada does have programs for international students to get work permits and PR but at the time of the initial application, you have to convince the officer that you will leave at the end of your legal stay.

Lots of thanks for your mindful insights and guidance...