+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of residency rejection on future visa's or residency applications

LGG711

Dec 28, 2015
Hi All

I got rejected due to accidentally not including a police certificate. My question is now - how will this rejection impact if I apply for visas (tourism/short term or other residencies/long term ) to other countries?

Reason for asking this is I'm weighing up appealing or just reapplying with correct documents.

Thanks!
Happy New year!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A formal appeal only works if CIC has made an error in refusing your application.

In your case CIC made no error - you were correctly refused since you failed to provide a mandatory document. So an appeal would be refused as well.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LGG711 said:
Hi All

I got rejected due to accidentally not including a police certificate. My question is now - how will this rejection impact if I apply for visas (tourism/short term or other residencies/long term ) to other countries?

Reason for asking this is I'm weighing up appealing or just reapplying with correct documents.

Thanks!
Happy New year!
Why are you appealing? you got reject for a missing document. You have two options:

1) Create a new express entry profile. If nothing's changed you should receive your ITA pretty quickly and submit all of the correct documents this time.

2) Submit a Case Specific Enquiry including the reason for your rejection and attach the correct documents. I don't know exactly how that's done but it seems to be a common issue on the forum and a lot of people have had success re-opening their application with this.