+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of Queen's Death - Oath Ceremonies

mahrfq

Sep 4, 2022
I had my interview on 1st September in Scarborough office. Any idea how soon will I receive invitation for my oath?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I had my interview on 1st September in Scarborough office. Any idea how soon will I receive invitation for my oath?
6 months after the interview...Still nothing...

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017

sanko

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
I picked up my passport yesterday and it still had the queen’s name on it if anyone is curious.

I needed it urgently so it was printed yesterday also.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I picked up my passport yesterday and it still had the queen’s name on it if anyone is curious.

I needed it urgently so it was printed yesterday also.
The passport 'blanks' (the booklets) are printed and bound well in advance, with the data pages printed on special printers for issuance. We'll see what government announces, but most likely they'll use most of those blanks up before starting ones with KCIII. Since nowadays the vast majority are issued from a centralized location they'll switch at some point more or less all at once. Probably roughly at a point when they're running out of old ones.

Given how government works I expect they might also update many/several of the security features at the same time as rolling out the KCIII version- - just an easy way to roll out features they'd been planning on incorporating (opportunistic).

How long might it be? Wild guess, 3-12 months. I doubt anyone much is worried about it or clamouring for new ones. This'd be a 'slow news day' announcement where they'd show off some fancy tech stuff, and even if everyone hates it, the ripples would disappear by the next Monday.

fairplaylad

Jun 30, 2022
I look back upon my post back in November 2021 with much poignancy. At that time, I expressed my wish that I would get my Canadian citizenship while the Queen is still alive. But, as has transpired, it was not meant to be, because my oath ceremony is next week.

If IRCC had been more efficient in processing, I'd have got my citizenship certificate and my first Canadian passport with Queen Elizabeth's name on them.

The Queen is a well loved figure. It is so sad.

Each to their own - but how is it possible to like Queen Elizabeth, but detest King Charles?

StraightOut1

Sep 20, 2022
Everything will be decided shortly, and I think we will find out how the death of the queen affected the state of the entire royal family and see how it will also affect oath ceremonies

StraightOut1

Sep 20, 2022
Everything will be decided shortly, and I think we will find out how the death of the queen affected the state of the entire royal family and see how it will also affect oath ceremonies
Everything will be decided shortly, and I think we will find out how the death of the queen affected the state of the entire royal family and see how it will also affect oath ceremonies. In general, this year I will remember as one of the hardest in my life because this year my uncle died of covid, and I even had to look for a funeral service myself -- https://newrestfunerals.co.uk/services/cremation/direct/. And the queen died... Yes, this is a person I did not know, but for some reason, with her death, it seems to me that an entire epoch has died.

May 29, 2023
The news of the Queen's passing has undoubtedly left a profound impact on the nation and its traditions. It's interesting to consider how even something as seemingly unrelated as passport issuance may be affected.