+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of Adding spouse after receiving AOR of Permanent Residency application

Oct 26, 2019
hi guys. i have a condition here and i would really appreciate it if someone could help me. i got married after aor and added my spouse to express entry application we received our ppr a few days ago. now we are waiting for our copr. actually, i want to know if there is a way that i go alone without my spouse. actually we have some issues after marriage and i dont want to take her to canada. in this stage what should i do not to let her come with me to canada?

Chichu456

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancour
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2019
AOR Received.
02-12-1991
Med's Request
07-07-2020
Med's Done....
23-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2021
LANDED..........
18-09-2016

nkaspvk62

Nov 13, 2019
Hello All,
AOR - MAY 18, CEC

Added spouse after AOR.
Got ghost update on Feb 17, ADR changed to NA.
Criminality & Security still in progress

Do you guys have any idea how long it takes to receive PPR or landing email? Thanks

Jsimran

Apr 29, 2020
Hello people! Need your help with something. I am in the process of submitting my application(ITA received) under CEC for PR. I am planning to get married after I receive my AOR. When should I be adding my spouse’s documents under my profile which wont affect my score. In addition, what is the process of adding a spouse and would court marriage certificates and some pictures would be sufficient?
Thanks in advance

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
hi guys. i have a condition here and i would really appreciate it if someone could help me. i got married after aor and added my spouse to express entry application we received our ppr a few days ago. now we are waiting for our copr. actually, i want to know if there is a way that i go alone without my spouse. actually we have some issues after marriage and i dont want to take her to canada. in this stage what should i do not to let her come with me to canada?
You can contact IRCC and inform them that your marriage has broken and that your spouse will no longer accompany you to Canada. They'll most likely just cancel the PPR for your spouse and proceed with yours.

You can tell them you'll be initiating divorce procedures... But this is the perfect time to do so.

Alternatively, you could submit your passport just yours and include a letter explaining that your spouse will no longer accompany you to Canada and explain your situation.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello people! Need your help with something. I am in the process of submitting my application(ITA received) under CEC for PR. I am planning to get married after I receive my AOR. When should I be adding my spouse’s documents under my profile which wont affect my score. In addition, what is the process of adding a spouse and would court marriage certificates and some pictures would be sufficient?
Thanks in advance
You can add your spouse anytime if you get married after AOR. AT this point your score will not be recalculated.

All you need to do is submit a webform letting them know about your change in marital status and indicate you wish to add your spouse to your application since she will accompany youto Canada.

They should get back to you within a few days and indicate a list of documents you need to submit to do so. Pictures will not be requested since this is not a spousal sponsorship application and you don't need to prove the legitimacy of your marriage.

Jsimran

Apr 29, 2020
You can add your spouse anytime if you get married after AOR. AT this point your score will not be recalculated.

All you need to do is submit a webform letting them know about your change in marital status and indicate you wish to add your spouse to your application since she will accompany youto Canada.

They should get back to you within a few days and indicate a list of documents you need to submit to do so. Pictures will not be requested since this is not a spousal sponsorship application and you don't need to prove the legitimacy of your marriage.
Thankyou for your reply. Any idea onhow long does it take to receive the AOR? Any idea on what documents will be asked for by the government after I raise a web form?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
AOR? that takes a few hours to max a couple of days once you've submitted your application.

IRCC will reply usually within 3-5 business days from sending a WebForm. Maybe right now they could take a bit longer. But when I have raised a WF, it has never gone beyond 1 week.

Jsimran

Apr 29, 2020
AOR? that takes a few hours to max a couple of days once you've submitted your application.

IRCC will reply usually within 3-5 business days from sending a WebForm. Maybe right now they could take a bit longer. But when I have raised a WF, it has never gone beyond 1 week.
And any idea on what documents will be asked for? Just want to be prepared beforehand

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
And any idea on what documents will be asked for? Just want to be prepared beforehand
This is the list of documents they requested to me:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

A document not requested was Upfront Medicals for my spouse, however, you can and should submit upfront Medicals to make your life easier and hopefully make the processing of the application faster.

deocand2020

May 2, 2020
Hello people, please i need clarity on an issue.
i have ongoing PR application, AOR 3rd March 2020. My Fiancee also has an ongoing PR application AOR 24TH Dec 2019. we intend to get married say sept and travel together.
so we thinking of updating our application after marriage. which will likely be after PR for both of us.
my question is will there be any delay if we update our profile then . or will it be better to get married early and update our application before we both get PR and also what document is it likely that they request we submit.

thank you for your response.

entlastet

Jan 4, 2020
Hello there,

I have a question, my AOR is Feb 2020 for the CEC program. I applied with my common-law partner non-accompanying via Express Entry, while she is already in Canada on the open work permit that she's got as mine dependant as a common-law partner. We decided to do that because she wanted to study anyway in Canada to get a nice job and apply herself after she finishes her study via Express Entry or I could sponsor her later on after getting the PR approval. In addition, my CRS to apply without her was much higher means I could get the PR with no issues.

The thing is that I've been requested to submit additional documents about couple weeks ago to verify that my partner will not accompany me under my application. I verified that, no problem. After all, my girlfriend tells me that she got pregnant. It is the awesome news, but at the same time, I'm confused about what should I do, because I've already verified to VO that she will not accompany me with my application.

Please recommend, what should I do in this case? Had anyone had this problem before? I'm planning to make her a proposal and marry her, but due to COVID-19, not sure when the ceremony will be held and when I can get the marriage certificate.

Should I inform VO about her 1-week pregnancy? When is it better to do, when I get the verification from the doctor that she is pregnant? I could not find this information anywhere on the official website. It seems like I need to update information only if I have a new dependant like a newborn child, my marital status and so on.

Can I change her to an accompanying common-law partner due to a change in circumstances? Will it affect my application and CRS score as I already applied and my application is 3.5 months progress?

Maybe it is better to get married and after informing VO regarding my situation or it is better to get the PR and do an inland sponsorship application because from my understanding it's almost impossible to study and have a newborn?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

gotusk

May 6, 2020

Hi
Can you please share the status of your application because I also want to same?
Answer will be appreciated....