+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of a US visa refusal while a Canadian visa is pending

nozrveyo

Feb 27, 2023
Dear all,

Need your advice.

We applied for a visitor visa to Canada for my wife and children about a month and a half ago. The application is still pending. We are going to apply for a tourist visa to USA as a family. If our US visa is refused, will this affect my wife's and children's Canadian visa application? Will the officer be able to see the refusal that we received after submitting the application? (P.S. I already have a visitor visa to Canada)

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear all,

Need your advice.

We applied for a visitor visa to Canada for my wife and children about a month and a half ago. The application is still pending. We are going to apply for a tourist visa to USA as a family. If our US visa is refused, will this affect my wife's and children's Canadian visa application? Will the officer be able to see the refusal that we received after submitting the application? (P.S. I already have a visitor visa to Canada)

Thanks in advance!
Just looking at past posts, you had planned to come to study or work but now you applied for TRVs. If US visa is refused, then it may have an impact. You will want to notify through webform that family received US refusal during processing. Canada has access to US immigration files.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Dear all,

Need your advice.

Thanks in advance!
What’s your end game here ?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-study-work-permit.800779/

It would be extremely reckless to attempt to move to Canada on a visitor visa , more so with a wife & child

Reactions: Naturgrl