+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration with police cautions please help

dan1982

Apr 13, 2014
im in the process of applying for a work permit to alberta canada i have a job offer and the company are applying for a lmo labour market opinion im from the uk the problem is i have a police caution for harrasment and possesion of 1 gram of cocaine which was 2 years ago and not proud of but hey. what im asking is if i have an lmo job offer and work permit will i be allowed into canada to work or will i be sent home by border at the airport many thanks.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
I'm not sure anyone on here can give you a right answer to this question, only a best guess. From what I know is that if someone has a criminal record in another country, and they want to enter canada, if the border agents look you up and see your record, they will need to determine if your crime "equates" to an inadmissable crime in canada. I am not sure where a list is available to find out. In the US, it's the case of being a misdemeanor vs. federal. I am not sure how it's termed in Canada. Also, if you are found inadmissible at the border (or during your work permit process), i believe there is a way to appeal, and ask for permission to enter.

seth09

Apr 8, 2014
Mate

as per below your process goes..

Once you get your LMO than you has to submit your application with LMO & while filling the visa form you has to declare such record into same & at the time of Process 2 things you must clear

1. Medical
2. Your Crime Records

Once you clear with your medical exam than they ask to submit PCC of your home country..

PCC means - Police Clearance Certificate..

This PCC has all your history with your crime details and if they clear in this than CHC will accept the same to give you visa.

If your country provide you PCC positively than you for sure get into Canada..

Hope details are helpful to you

Rgds
Seth

dan1982

Apr 13, 2014
Cheers guys ive paid an immigration officer to do all my paperwork so he will be filling out all my papers the job im doing is in high demand as they cant get Canadians to do my job