+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada

kumvan

Apr 29, 2017
All,

I would greatly appreciate if you could provide me some direction.

I am considering applying for permanent residency in Canada but I seem to get ineligible on the assessment portal to lot of provinces in the express entry category.

My Background:
Male, single, 42, from India, Working in the US, Ph.D. from USA, 4 years experience in semiconductor industry, good IELTS score. Presently on a work visa in USA.

Could you please recommend any other categories that I should consider?

Thanks,
Kum

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
kumvan said:
All,

I am considering applying for permanent residency in Canada but I seem to get ineligible on the assessment portal to lot of provinces in the express entry category.

My Background:
Male, single, 42, from India, Working in the US, Ph.D. from USA, 4 years experience in semiconductor industry, good IELTS score. Presently on a work visa in USA.

Thanks,
Kum
What's your IELTS score.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
kumvan said:
All,

My Background:

Thanks,
Kum
Are you trying to select FSWP (Federal skilled worker program) ?

Also, your IELTS score must be valid, i.e. not more than 2 years.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Your IELTS unfortunately isnt good enough for a direct ITA.

You need to aim for a CLB 9 for a score bump especially because you are 42 and you will lose points for age.

Even people in their 30s will struggle to get a decent score without a minimum CLB 9 in IELTS.

Try for the following scores at the minimum.

R - 7
L - 8
W - 7
S - 7

If you get these IELTS scores, your CRS will get a boost.

After the 2015 changes and introduction of Express Entry, language scores are very important.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
noyoucant said:
,,is good f you improve ielts as it gives higher points !
Friends,
The OP is struggling to be eligible for getting into EE pool. He enquires why he is ineligible for EE.

Once he gets eligible for EE, then he should be worried about getting higher scores in IELTS :)

rahulmerh

Dec 24, 2016
Hi All,

I need to know the below queries, please help me out here:

1) I am B.Tech In Mechanical Engineering, I have my transcript ready (all mark sheets and degree attested by University)
Do I need to include my Intermediate documents too. In India consultancies saying B.Tech docs would be enough.

2) I mistakenly printed WES USA Form and got it attested too. Just now came to know that we have WES Canada too.
But the difference in both the documents is only the address mentioned at the bottom. Will this be ok.

3) My University name UP Technical University changed to APJ Abdul Kalam so as my registrar email ID.
Do I need to put wiki prints in a self declaration small envelope to help them avoid any confusion.

4) My IELTS Score is L: 7.5, R: 6, W:6, S: 7.5
Consultancies saying in Express entry your score could come nearer to 390...would that be ok, or let me know any variable to work to add more to my profile

Please let me know your comments.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Hi All,

I need to know the below queries, please help me out here:

1) I am B.Tech In Mechanical Engineering, I have my transcript ready (all mark sheets and degree attested by University)
Do I need to include my Intermediate documents too. In India consultancies saying B.Tech docs would be enough.
YES, Your B.Tech is enough for ECA from WES Canada.

2) I mistakenly printed WES USA Form and got it attested too.You do not need to attest any wes forms Just now came to know that we have WES Canada too. CIC particularly says that ECA from WES Canada are valid, So do ECA for your B.Tech from WES Canada or any other ECA service provider listed on the cic website,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp#designated

But the difference in both the documents is only the address mentioned at the bottom. Will this be ok. Not ok

3) My University name UP Technical University changed to APJ Abdul Kalam so as my registrar email ID.
Do I need to put wiki prints in a self declaration small envelope to help them avoid any confusion.
No NEED, I have completed my B.E from Gujarat University and now, they have changed its name to Gujarat Technical University. Couple of months ago, I went there to get transcript for ECA, they are still issuing transcript and degree certificates for Gujarat University for past students.

4) My IELTS Score is L: 7.5, R: 6, W:6, S: 7.5
Consultancies saying in Express entry your score could come nearer to 390...would that be ok, or let me know any variable to work to add more to my profile
You can do 2 things to improve your score, 1. Complete Masters degree 2. Improve your IELTS results... In your case I would recommend you to improve your IELTS. Since you have lived in USA and you have room to improve your IELTS score, it would be easy for you i think.
Please let me know your comments.
Comments : It is better to get ECA done from WES Canada for Indian education. because most of the Indians use their services for ECA purpose, they have pretty good knowledge about Indian education systems/universities.
You will need 2 documents to get your ECA done from WES Canada. 1. Transcript 2. Degree certificate.
Step 1. Create an account on ECA Canada, make the payment for ECA services and Get reference number.
Step 2. Write that reference number on the courier/envelope when you send your documents.
Step 3. Check your account on website/email for further instruction if needed.
Step 4. Get your ECA report. Processing time is 20 business day, but it is taking them 6 weeks nowadays.

By the way, While you wait for your ECA, try to improve your IELTS score by sincere effort and retaking the exam.

rahulmerh

Dec 24, 2016
Thanks for your immediate assistance. Just few more queries and understandings from your reply:

1) I need to fill new WES Canada form and it does not require any University attestation.
2) I have my B.Tech transcripts in a sealed envelope. By that time I did not pay for WES since I was planing to write my IELTS.
Now anyways I will fill new WES Form, should it be kept in University sealed envelope like Transcript.
I am asking this because I have an open attested Envelope just for keeping WES, my University agreed that I shall write WES Ref no
later.
3) I am going to be 34 this May 2017 so I dont have time to go for my masters. What is the definition of good and achievable IELTS score.

4) So I should not worry for the University name change. I believe WES Guys would confirm al the candidate details with Embassy.

Thanks

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Thanks for your immediate assistance. Just few more queries and understandings from your reply:

1) I need to fill new WES Canada form and it does not require any University attestation.
Your transcript must be attested and sealed in university envelop (not college) and sent by university, You can send a plain photocopy of your degree certificate.
2) I have my B.Tech transcripts in a sealed envelope. By that time I did not pay for WES since I was planing to write my IELTS.
Now anyways I will fill new WES Form, should it be kept in University sealed envelope like Transcript.
I am asking this because I have an open attested Envelope just for keeping WES, my University agreed that I shall write WES Ref no
later. You cannot send opened one.
3) I am going to be 34 this May 2017 so I dont have time to go for my masters. What is the definition of good and achievable IELTS score.
On cic website they have a calculator to count your exact score by answering some question about your self. Enter your details and check your score. Click the below link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

4) So I should not worry for the University name change. I believe WES Guys would confirm al the candidate details with Embassy.
No need to worry, I haven't had any problems. If your university was well known in your state, you wouldn't have either?

Someone has already suggested you the score.
R - 7
L - 8
W - 7
S - 7
If you get these IELTS scores, your CRS will get a boost.
Atleast try to score close to above numbers as much as possible

kumvan

Apr 29, 2017
jpv2212 said:
Are you trying to select FSWP (Federal skilled worker program) ?

Also, your IELTS score must be valid, i.e. not more than 2 years.
Thanks for your response. The scores are from March, 2016. I trying to find the best possible path. FSWP or any other path considering my factors. Thanks Again.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
kumvan said:
Thanks for your response. The scores are from March, 2016. I trying to find the best possible path. FSWP or any other path considering my factors. Thanks Again.
At present, FSW program seems the best option for migrating to Canada as a skilled worker. You should try it.

Also, you have 4 years of experience in the US, so why don't you try for getting a job in Canada while you are in the US?
I've heard that US work experience is treated in Canada "differently" than other nations' work experience.

You should keep applying for jobs in Canada. Once you get a job in Canada, it'll be quite easier for you to immigrate there.

Hope it helps.

rahulmerh

Dec 24, 2016
Hello everyone and Thanks to those who replied to my queries.

I an planing to go for Canada PR process by myself, need immediate assistance for applying WES.
Could some one please guide me who has completed WES under Express entry scheme.

I have my transcript sealed in an envelope.
I have duly filled WES Canada form but not assisted and its an open copy not a sealed one.

Please assist me also I am struggling to open CANADA WES as sometimes US WES opens to, so if anyone could help me with the fees for and INDIAN Citizen, I can crosscheck the amount.

Regards
Rahul