13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
Hey Chris,

I have just received my nomination package (certificate and WP support letter).

Assuming that I'm going submit the work permit request by the end of next week and that processing time for my home country is currently ~8 weeks, it is realistic to expect the WP to be ready around Mar 1st 2017.

My question is: would I cause any problems if I purchase plane tickets for e.g. Feb 15th and wait for my work permit in Canada?

I would like to reduce the delay to my first working day as much as possible, but at the same time not cause any issues with my WP/PR applications. Any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Honey7949

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
AINP: June 25, 2015, CIC: January 27,2017
Doc's Request.
January 05, 2017
Nomination.....
January 05, 2017
AOR Received.
March 15, 2017
Hi,
I am in alberta right now. Can I apply BC PNP without job offer ?

upinderkaur

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Thanks for ur response.

Yes my husband's brother is married and has a daughter too. His wife is also working in canada. I belong to noc 2171 with experience of 6 years in related field and i have got bachelors in the same field - 4 year course and my husband has work exp in noc 6211 for around 11 years. We both speak english. However,my husband has not appeared for ielts. My age is 29 and husband's is 32. We dont have any dependents yet.

we want to move to canada bcoz of blood relation.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

chrbrow said:
Hi There,

Is your brother married, or with a common-law partner? Does he have any dependents? Does your husband have a skilled trade? Do you all speak English? What is your skilled trade? Do you have any dependents? What is your education? What is your husband's education? How old are both of you?

Lastly, what is the main reason you want to come to Canada?

Best,

Chris

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honey7949 said:
Hi,
I am in alberta right now. Can I apply BC PNP without job offer ?
Good Day,

If you wish to apply under the BC PNP Skilled Worker Program, you must have 2 years work experience in the field of your Skilled Job (NOC, A, B, 0) and you must also have a job offer. In addition, you must also qualify for the Federal Express Entry.

To better assess your case, you need to tell me about your current employment, education, current status (temporary visa), long-term goal, financial status, family dependents, and your age.

Best,

chrbrow

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simpson85 said:
Hey Chris,

I have just received my nomination package (certificate and WP support letter).

Assuming that I'm going submit the work permit request by the end of next week and that processing time for my home country is currently ~8 weeks, it is realistic to expect the WP to be ready around Mar 1st 2017.

My question is: would I cause any problems if I purchase plane tickets for e.g. Feb 15th and wait for my work permit in Canada?

I would like to reduce the delay to my first working day as much as possible, but at the same time not cause any issues with my WP/PR applications. Any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks in advance!
Good Day,

You cannot begin work of any kind in Canada until you have a valid work permit. However based on my research, I cannot find a valid reason why you can't come to Canada before the start date of your permit, provided that you can prove at the POE that you have been approved for this. That would require all the documentation etc. that you already have.

This is an area I have not formally dealt with before, but if you've been approved and it's simply a processing thing, so long as you can prove it, then I think you'll be fine. I would try to time it so you arrive no earlier than a couple weeks before your permit arrives.

Hope this helps.

chrbrow

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
chrbrow said:
Good Day,

You cannot begin work of any kind in Canada until you have a valid work permit. However based on my research, I cannot find a valid reason why you can't come to Canada before the start date of your permit, provided that you can prove at the POE that you have been approved for this. That would require all the documentation etc. that you already have.

This is an area I have not formally dealt with before, but if you've been approved and it's simply a processing thing, so long as you can prove it, then I think you'll be fine. I would try to time it so you arrive no earlier than a couple weeks before your permit arrives.

Hope this helps.

chrbrow
Thanks Chris!

I'm absolutely aware of that and have no intentions to start working before receiving the work permit.

And yes, I thought so too. I mean, it's a pretty valid story that I arrived a bit earlier, especially since I will be able to support it with Nomination Certificate, WP support letter, etc.

Thanks once again, it was a great help!

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simpson85 said:
Thanks Chris!

I'm absolutely aware of that and have no intentions to start working before receiving the work permit.

And yes, I thought so too. I mean, it's a pretty valid story that I arrived a bit earlier, especially since I will be able to support it with Nomination Certificate, WP support letter, etc.

Thanks once again, it was a great help!
No problem at all. If you feel like it you can give me a "+" on your way out.

Best,

C

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
chrbrow said:
No problem at all. If you feel like it you can give me a "+" on your way out.

Best,

C
Absolutely! Done :)

Jul 6, 2018
Hello Experts,

I am a working professional and have score overall 7 bands in IELTS. My CRS score is 352 (without my wife's score). My profession falls under NOC 0125, is that BC pick such skill or this NOC does not fall under their category?

Do i even have chances to get BC PNP and for how long do i have to stay in that province under PNP program?

Besides this, if my wife (dependent) is pregnant will that effect my application? If so, then after receiving ITA, do we get further time till the birth of baby? And once the baby is born, can we take him/er along with us?

Looking forward for your advise.

Thank you.