+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to British Columbia

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a local resident on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. I have lived here all my life. I am also practicing to become an immigration consultant. I will do my best to answer your questions.

Chris

upinderkaur

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My brother in law holds PR of canada, he is also loving in BC since 6 years. Now, me and my husband want to immigrate to BC. Right now me being as principal applicant, we are at 362 CRS score under FSW program. What are the options to immigrate to BC with/without job offer?

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.

Alpit

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
chrbrow said:
I am a local resident on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. I have lived here all my life. I am also practicing to become an immigration consultant. I will do my best to answer your questions.

Chris
Hello sir ,
I have a question regarding work permit. I got Alberta nomination in june 2016 and after that i applied for work permit and i got closed work permit with company untill 2018. I have applied in cic and waiting for file number . My girlfriend has applied in cic separately. So my concern is
(1) can i get married to her and be dependent on her and withdrawal my file so can i applied for open work permit after get married because she got file number from cic.
If u know anything on this matter, let me know
Thanks in advance

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upinderkaur said:
Hi,

My brother in law holds PR of canada, he is also loving in BC since 6 years. Now, me and my husband want to immigrate to BC. Right now me being as principal applicant, we are at 362 CRS score under FSW program. What are the options to immigrate to BC with/without job offer?

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.
Hi There,

Is your brother married, or with a common-law partner? Does he have any dependents? Does your husband have a skilled trade? Do you all speak English? What is your skilled trade? Do you have any dependents? What is your education? What is your husband's education? How old are both of you?

Lastly, what is the main reason you want to come to Canada?

Best,

Chris

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alpit said:
Hello sir ,
I have a question regarding work permit. I got Alberta nomination in june 2016 and after that i applied for work permit and i got closed work permit with company untill 2018. I have applied in cic and waiting for file number . My girlfriend has applied in cic separately. So my concern is
(1) can i get married to her and be dependent on her and withdrawal my file so can i applied for open work permit after get married because she got file number from cic.
If u know anything on this matter, let me know
Thanks in advance
What is the status of your girlfriend? Is she a PR? How long have you been living together?

Chris

callofduty

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Hi all, I am new here. I got couple of questions regarding BC PNP.

1. "directly related work experience"

After graduating from the school, I just work for the company and it is over 1 year, and I am still currently working in the same position. Does it directly related work experience?

2. wages

I am working as a inventory control supervisor NOC 1215, for a fresh graduate, there is gradually increase in my wage from $12 to $18 during 1 year. This is because my employers said that i will get a wage increase every 4 months based on my working performance. Is it convincible based on your guys experience? What can i explain or what info can i provide when officer suspend my case? I have enough paper works, emails and documents to support my job title and job duties stated in the job offer. The only thing I am concerned about is my wage. Please help me and share your thoughts.

3. Currently I have 76 score in BCPNP. I will keep reading this thread.

4. I already finished BC PNP registration, waiting for ITA. My employer will be on vacation for 1 month. Just in case I got ITA, could you please tell me what documents should I prepare for in advance? Do you guys have a checklist?

matchless

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
chrbrow said:

Chris
great

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
callofduty said:

After graduating from the school, I just work for the company and it is over 1 year, and I am still currently working in the same position. Does it directly related work experience?

2. wages

I am working as a inventory control supervisor NOC 1215, for a fresh graduate, there is gradually increase in my wage from $12 to $18 during 1 year. This is because my employers said that i will get a wage increase every 4 months based on my working performance. Is it convincible based on your guys experience? What can i explain or what info can i provide when officer suspend my case? I have enough paper works, emails and documents to support my job title and job duties stated in the job offer. The only thing I am concerned about is my wage. Please help me and share your thoughts.

4. I already finished BC PNP registration, waiting for ITA. My employer will be on vacation for 1 month. Just in case I got ITA, could you please tell me what documents should I prepare for in advance? Do you guys have a checklist?
What PNP option did you apply under?

Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker - managers, professionals and skilled tradespeople
 Skills Immigration – Health Care Professional - physicians, registered nurses and other health
care workers employed with provincial health authorities
 Skills Immigration – International Graduate - with a degree or diploma from a Canadian
college or university
 Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate - with a master’s or doctoral degree in the
natural, applied or health sciences from a B.C. university. Note that for this category only, a
job offer is not required
 Skills Immigration - Entry Level and Semi-Skilled - (including employment in the Northeast
Development Region of B.C.) - workers in tourism/hospitality, food processing and long-haul
trucking, OR entry level and semi-skilled workers who are residing in the Northeast
Development Region of the province

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
callofduty said:

2. wages

Also, if you're planning on applying through the skilled worker PNP program the minimum work experience is 2 years. For income you must meet the threshold for supporting yourself which is 18 -22 K per year depending on where you live. I wouldn't bet on your application getting approved since you're barely within that region of income, furthermore you haven't had 2 years work experience.

Stockinger

Dec 11, 2016
@chrbrow: I have some questions about marrying an ex-common law. :) would be it be ok to send you a private message?

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup. Go ahead. I will do my best. Give me a day or two to answer.

C

Alpit

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
chrbrow said:
What is the status of your girlfriend? Is she a PR? How long have you been living together?

Chris
She is on closed work permit with company .. She got alberta nomination in june and applied in cic so she got file number from cic. We have been living together for last 4 years with other friends but now we have decided to get married. So in this scenario,I withdraw my file and applied for open work permit. Am I eligible to get open work permit?
Thanks

callofduty

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
chrbrow said:
What PNP option did you apply under?

Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker - managers, professionals and skilled tradespeople
 Skills Immigration – Health Care Professional - physicians, registered nurses and other health
care workers employed with provincial health authorities
 Skills Immigration – International Graduate - with a degree or diploma from a Canadian
college or university
 Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate - with a master’s or doctoral degree in the
natural, applied or health sciences from a B.C. university. Note that for this category only, a
job offer is not required
 Skills Immigration - Entry Level and Semi-Skilled - (including employment in the Northeast
Development Region of B.C.) - workers in tourism/hospitality, food processing and long-haul
trucking, OR entry level and semi-skilled workers who are residing in the Northeast
Development Region of the province
I aplly under EE PNP International Graduate

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
chrbrow said:

Chris
Hi chris, my gf is on study visa and is currently living in BC. In mid 2016 I applied for my student visa bt got denied on misrepresenation charges in which my educational consultants did not give the correct answer to the question 2(B) and the embassy told me to apply with the next application after a gap of 5 years.
What can be done in this situation as we both would like marry next year? Can I apply for PR of canada through PNP programs (as advised by an immigration firm in mumbai)...
ALso, can you please tell if my gf get an visitor visa for 10 years for USA , can i apply for dependent visa? and lastly, where can I get the case notes written by the Visa officer at cheap price?

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I think you need to make a plan with your girlfriend as to where you want to live and settle. The immigration laws are set up in a way that you must prove your intentions. What are your log term goals? If you've been charged with misrepresentation then that can be a non-starter. Do you have any education? Skilled worker? If you don't meet the requirements for the Federal classes of immigration you won't meet the PNP standards. They are even more strict.