+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Stopping PR Every time

cvisaquestions

Apr 14, 2022
**** Update
I recently came back from Cuba, which is my first trip since speaking with CBSA about the automatic secondary screening as a Canadian citizen, who was previously a refugee. I am glad to say that this is the first time since i got my first RTD that i pass through without being referred. So it seems like the problem has been fixed after many attempts to resolve it.

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
**** Update
I recently came back from Cuba, which is my first trip since speaking with CBSA about the automatic secondary screening as a Canadian citizen, who was previously a refugee. I am glad to say that this is the first time since i got my first RTD that i pass through without being referred. So it seems like the problem has been fixed after many attempts to resolve it.
How did you resolve it? when you asked the ministry to resolved it, what ministry? is it ministry of public safety (CBSA) or ministry of immigration, citizenship and refugee (IRCC)?

cvisaquestions

Apr 14, 2022
How did you resolve it? when you asked the ministry to resolved it, what ministry? is it ministry of public safety (CBSA) or ministry of immigration, citizenship and refugee (IRCC)?
CBSA and IRCC are responsible for this as the agent who fixed it explained that resolving the issue requires both parties. Contacting them would be helpful. I sent emails to CBSA, IRCC and all officials i thought could help since the agents at the airport were unsuccessful in their attempts to fix the issue. Provide your contact information because that is how they reached out to me to discuss and solve the matter. At the airport, i often arrived at times when a supervisor was not available but perhaps try to escalate it from there; in addition to contacting them directly. I think the matter is few airport agents tried to convince me that this is normal but now you know that could be not the case. Unless you're flagged for other reasons, which could happen to anyone who crosses a border. Similarity of names or coming from countries that source drugs or some intel they might have. The agent explained that there are many virtual flags that can affect someone. This could be a case by case matter but if you feel that indeed something is off, try to pursue it with them until you get answers.

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
CBSA and IRCC are responsible for this as the agent who fixed it explained that resolving the issue requires both parties. Contacting them would be helpful. I sent emails to CBSA, IRCC and all officials i thought could help since the agents at the airport were unsuccessful in their attempts to fix the issue. Provide your contact information because that is how they reached out to me to discuss and solve the matter. At the airport, i often arrived at times when a supervisor was not available but perhaps try to escalate it from there; in addition to contacting them directly. I think the matter is few airport agents tried to convince me that this is normal but now you know that could be not the case. Unless you're flagged for other reasons, which could happen to anyone who crosses a border. Similarity of names or coming from countries that source drugs or some intel they might have. The agent explained that there are many virtual flags that can affect someone. This could be a case by case matter but if you feel that indeed something is off, try to pursue it with them until you get answers.
Can you please tell what email addresses of CBSA and IRCC you sent email? And did you include UCI number too?

cvisaquestions

Apr 14, 2022
Can you please tell what email addresses of CBSA and IRCC you sent email? And did you include UCI number too?
Yes, i included all my information, which might not be the smartest. CBSA is using their complaint form on their website. IRCC is through webforms. At the airport, CBSA officer mentioned sending an email from their side. Try sending an email as well to your local MP. I have no idea which of these helped and the number they called me from was blocked, but the good thing is that the problem is fixable somehow if there are no valid reasons for your flagging. Hopefully you get it fixed soon :)

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
I heard some Canadian citizents that had refugee status before were told that their status is still appear as refugee even though they are Canadian citizen and travelling with their Canadian passport. Officers told him there is a flag that appears on the screen which means passport holder has refuge le status and needs to be removed. Have you heard something like that? Do we need to apply to remove our refugee protection even though we became a Canadian citizen? Even some people say US told them did you get your Canadian citizenship from refugee program at the USA border.
Yup, i’ve been a citizen since August this year and has been stopped everytime when coming back to Canada and sent to immigration, first time the officer said oh this shouldnt happen again and i just passed through the border two days ago and guess what???? It happened!