+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration query

Uwu

Jan 17, 2024
hello ,
My study visa got approved few days ago but for some reasons I had to defer my intake from Jan 2024 to may 2024 ; my question is whether I can travel to Canada now such that I provide financial information and affidavits of my relatives staying in Canada declaring that they will take my responsibility until my study commences ; to the immigration officers

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello ,
My study visa got approved few days ago but for some reasons I had to defer my intake from Jan 2024 to may 2024 ; my question is whether I can travel to Canada now such that I provide financial information and affidavits of my relatives staying in Canada declaring that they will take my responsibility until my study commences ; to the immigration officers
Title is misleading because you are not immigrating to Canada. You really should only come 4-6 weeks before the program starts. If you really want to try make sure you can show your own funds to survive for 3 months. Having relatives sign an affidavit can be a red flag that you cannot afford to come. You may or may not be allowed entry and will only know if CBSA allows you in.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello ,
Do you have a reason for you coming to Canada so early? If you don’t have your own savings there will be significant concerns that you will try and work for cash if you arrive so early. Most students will attempt to work in their home country until 4-6 weeks before their classes start. That will also save them money because they won’t be paying for everyday items like food and transportation plus things like health insurance if you try and come to Canada early. Did you send IRCC your updated LOA when you deferred your admission? You would have known you were deferring before you got approved. Wouldn’t have likely changed the outcome of the study permit but you are required to update IRCC or any changes when your file is being processed.