+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Photo Requirement

Aeizalt

Jan 20, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about immigration photo requirement. My application is spousal sponsorship and will be sent to Beijing. I don't have any dependant children. When I checked the document checklist for China region, I found the following photo specification: "

15. PHOTOS
Include five (5) photos for each member of your family and yourself taken within the last six (6)
months. Follow the instructions in your guide:
• Photos in section "Completing the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada", and
• Appendix B: Photo Specifications.

"

I don't quite understand what defines family members. Does it mean I have to get my parents to take five photos? But they are not in the application. And does my sponsor (my husband) need to get five photos too? The application for permanent residence in Canada states I only need two photos of myself, but the application Im using says I need five photos for each family member... its only me immigrating to Canada and not my parents.

Thank you!

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
for spousal sponsorship, family is defined as spouse and kids. so parents and siblings of the PA are not included as part of the family definition.

Aeizalt

Jan 20, 2013
So does it mean my parents don't need to provide photos and my sponsor needs to provide photos?

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Aeizalt said:
So does it mean my parents don't need to provide photos and my sponsor needs to provide photos?
If your spouse is your sponsor then the answer is no. Then only one who needs to provide photos is you. :)