Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with the application
IELTS Request
Hi everyone

I am a Ph.D. student studying towards my Ph.D. in the US. I am interested to immigrate to Canada and I`ve been considering Sasketchwen Province as my destination. Does anyone know what is the best program to apply for expedited citizenship.
I have more than 10 years of work experience and will finish my Ph.D. next year. I ma considering the International Skilled Worker and to use the University professors category from the In demand occupation list.

Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no such thing as expedited citizenship. I think you're thinking of permanent residency.

I would recommend you post your question to the Provincial Nomination section of the forum. You'll get more answers there.

AO2015

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Thank you. I will

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
AO2015 said:
I am a Ph.D. student studying towards my Ph.D. in the US. I am interested to immigrate to Canada and I`ve been considering Sasketchwen Province as my destination. Does anyone know what is the best program to apply for expedited citizenship.
I have more than 10 years of work experience and will finish my Ph.D. next year. I ma considering the International Skilled Worker and to use the University professors category from the In demand occupation list.
To be eligible for citizenship, you first have to become a PR and meet residency requirements. the IRCC website has all the info you need.

FSW program is one option, but you should be aware that under the (current) NAFTA agreement, college/university professors are eligible for LMIA-exempt work permits, meaning, if you found a position in Canada, you would be eligible for a relatively hassle-free work permit. After working for a minimum of one year in Canada, you would then be eligible for more "points" and the CEC program.

All I'm saying is you have multiple options, no need to get too fixed on any one path.

AO2015

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Hi jes_ON.
Thank you for this information. Does this mean that the FSW program still open?. I am interested in a professor position at a university, does this mean that I dont need a job offer from a university to receive a work permit?

Thank you

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AO2015 said:
Hi jes_ON.
Thank you for this information. Does this mean that the FSW program still open?. I am interested in a professor position at a university, does this mean that I dont need a job offer from a university to receive a work permit?

Thank you
If you want to go through provincial nomination, you do not always need job offer. SK programm with profession in demand is still there. But whenever it opens it is filled in really fast (wihin hours). Go check provincial nomenee part of the forum. And check how to prepare all documents for that programm. Then you need to upload them in their system and have everything ready to apply fast once the programm will reopen.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
jes_ON said:
To be eligible for citizenship, you first have to become a PR and meet residency requirements. the IRCC website has all the info you need.

FSW program is one option, but you should be aware that under the (current) NAFTA agreement, college/university professors are eligible for LMIA-exempt work permits, meaning, if you found a position in Canada, you would be eligible for a relatively hassle-free work permit. After working for a minimum of one year in Canada, you would then be eligible for more "points" and the CEC program.

All I'm saying is you have multiple options, no need to get too fixed on any one path.
Positions of professors in colleges and universities are even more difficult to get than in the states

AO2015

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
I am sorry but I dont understand what you wrote. University professors are available in SK and in demand at least in my field.
If you would rewrite again your thought so I can see whether or not it relates to my question??

itsmyid said:
Positions of professors in colleges and universities are even more difficult to get than in the states

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
AO2015 said:
Does this mean that the FSW program still open?
??? Yes, it is still open, it is through the express entry system, as is the CEC program.

I am interested in a professor position at a university, does this mean that I dont need a job offer from a university to receive a work permit?

No, that's not what it means. You definitely need a job offer. However, under NAFTA, your employer /you do not need an LMIA to support the work permit.

See section 3, Professionals -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/international/nafta.asp