+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration option for H1B with 16+ years of exp in IT

nk2

Jun 30, 2020
Hello,

Currently, I'm working in USA as IT business analyst (SAP consultant) in USA from last 12 years. I have total 16+ years of exp and I'm Engg graduate from India. Exploring an option to get PR in Canada. I don't have any job offer or I haven't applied yet. I have not applied for IELTS yet. My spouse is science graduate and she has 5+ years of exp in USA. Two kids aged 10 and 5.

Considering this background what is best and fast option to start with Canada PR immigration? I'm starting here, I would appreciate if you give me guidance or step-by-step direction to move forward.

Any chance getting Canadian PR for me?

Last edited:

NeoJ

Star Member
May 6, 2020
All the best man. I am not an expert but if you provide your and your spouse age range I think it would be easier for the expert to answer.

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hello,

Currently, I'm working in USA as IT business analyst (SAP consultant) in USA from last 12 years. I have total 16+ years of exp and I'm Engg graduate from India. Exploring an option to get PR in Canada. I don't have any job offer or I haven't applied yet. I have not applied for IELTS yet. My spouse is science graduate and she has 5+ years of exp in USA. Two kids aged 10 and 5.

Considering this background what is best and fast option to start with Canada PR immigration? I'm starting here, I would appreciate if you give me guidance or step-by-step direction to move forward.

Any chance getting Canadian PR for me?
I would explore the federal skilled worker (FSW) class under express entry and possibly getting a provincial nomination (PNP). If you get a provincial nomination that give you alot of points allowing your profile to be selected and you would get an invitation to apply for PR.

Note that to certain jobs often get provincial nomination but from what I have heard IT professions have a good chance there.

As you know alot of this would depend on you and your spouse's age, IELTS score, getting your education assessed and so on.

I would check the IRCC page they give a good summary of the permanent residency pathways.

nk2

Jun 30, 2020
I would explore the federal skilled worker (FSW) class under express entry and possibly getting a provincial nomination (PNP). If you get a provincial nomination that give you alot of points allowing your profile to be selected and you would get an invitation to apply for PR.

Note that to certain jobs often get provincial nomination but from what I have heard IT professions have a good chance there.

As you know alot of this would depend on you and your spouse's age, IELTS score, getting your education assessed and so on.

I would check the IRCC page they give a good summary of the permanent residency pathways.
How do I get PNP nomination? Is it like getting job offer from employer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

nk2

Jun 30, 2020
That's definitely going to work against you.

Calculate how many points you think you'll have under Express Entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Aim is 470+ points.
Thanks. I just put my number at given link and it came out as 455. Please note, I haven't taken IELTS test yet but randomly put 7 as average and derived this score but it can go up and down based on score. do you think I should take a chance?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks. I just put my number at given link and it came out as 455. Please note, I haven't taken IELTS test yet but randomly put 7 as average and derived this score but it can go up and down based on score. do you think I should take a chance?
check again, at age 40 and 7 ielts you probably wont get more than 420. you might have put in canadian exp by mistake.

Reactions: scylla

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I would say with age 40 and Bachelor's even if you score max score you get only around 385 to 390.you can recalculate. .even for provincial nominations score won't go so low. So I would say only option would be work permit.. If you get a job here.. PR I think it is not possible in near future

Reactions: scylla

nk2

Jun 30, 2020
Okay, so seems like job offer is only an option for me. Thanks everyone for your kind response.