+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration officer no-show at citizenship interview, has anyone experienced this ?

ricebowl

Dec 20, 2021
Hello,

I was scheduled for an online citizenship interview, and at the appointed date and time was logged into Teams using the link provided by CIC in the interview invite.
The link worked but the meeting status never changed from "When the meeting starts, we'll let people know you're waiting".
I stayed on for 3:15 hours just in case (with regular log out / back in as Team kicks out every 30 min).
It seems like the immigration officer was a no show, or CIC had a glitch on their side?

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice?
I notified the local (Niagara) office of this technical difficulty by email but have not heard back.

Thank you !

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hello,

I was scheduled for an online citizenship interview, and at the appointed date and time was logged into Teams using the link provided by CIC in the interview invite.
The link worked but the meeting status never changed from "When the meeting starts, we'll let people know you're waiting".
I stayed on for 3:15 hours just in case (with regular log out / back in as Team kicks out every 30 min).
It seems like the immigration officer was a no show, or CIC had a glitch on their side?

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice?
I notified the local (Niagara) office of this technical difficulty by email but have not heard back.

Thank you !
Sorry about that. But it shouldn't be a problem as it wasn't your fault.

Were you sent an email for the interview? If yes, reply to that email and let them know what happened!

Good luck!

Reactions: ricebowl

ricebowl

Dec 20, 2021
Sorry about that. But it shouldn't be a problem as it wasn't your fault.

Were you sent an email for the interview? If yes, reply to that email and let them know what happened!

Good luck!
Thanks! I emailed the Niagara office with screenshots and timestamps and had hoped for a reply within the same timeframe so this incident was not going to delay the process, but no reply so far.
Also logged an IRCC webform since this may have been a technical issue (but answer there will typically take a week).

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Thanks! I emailed the Niagara office with screenshots and timestamps and had hoped for a reply within the same timeframe so this incident was not going to delay the process, but no reply so far.
Also logged an IRCC webform since this may have been a technical issue (but answer there will typically take a week).
I can only advise that you follow up with an email.

Reactions: ricebowl

ricebowl

Dec 20, 2021
I can only advise that you follow up with an email.
They just called after receiving the emails: we both wondered what happened and decided to jump into the Team interview right away.

Thank you for your kind advice, it steadied my nerves.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
They just called after receiving the emails: we both wondered what happened and decided to jump into the Team interview right away.

Thank you for your kind advice, it steadied my nerves.
Great! I am happy I could help.

IRCC Niagara Falls is one of the best IRCC offices I have read about. Just curious, what is the name of the agent that called you?

mghan

Sep 27, 2023
Hey I experienced the same thing today! I waited on the Teams for 1 hour, but no show. I emailed and sent a Webform but didn't hear back. I was wondering what email did u contact ?

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hey I experienced the same thing today! I waited on the Teams for 1 hour, but no show. I emailed and sent a Webform but didn't hear back. I was wondering what email did u contact ?
Can you also try emailing the email address through which you received the interview request