+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration office requested for processing this application

rauf12

Apr 26, 2014
Hi, I have PNP nomination from Ontario. I have asked to submit my application to CIO, Sydney Nova Scotia. I live in Ontario.

For generic application form (IMM008)

Q4. Immigration office requested for processing this application - I would like to provide "CIO Syndney, Nova Scotia" info.

- But "Guide for provincial nominees" says not to select CIO office(?). Please read the note section below:

----------------------------------------------
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.
--------------------------------------------

They listed "CPC Sydney Nova Scotia" and also "CPC Mississauga"(near to my home) as CPC office.

I don't know what to do. Appreciate your help!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rauf12 said:
Hi, I have PNP nomination from Ontario. I have asked to submit my application to CIO, Sydney Nova Scotia. I live in Ontario.

For generic application form (IMM008)

Q4. Immigration office requested for processing this application - I would like to provide "CIO Syndney, Nova Scotia" info.

- But "Guide for provincial nominees" says not to select CIO office(?). Please read the note section below:

----------------------------------------------
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.
--------------------------------------------

They listed "CPC Sydney Nova Scotia" and also "CPC Mississauga"(near to my home) as CPC office.

I don't know what to do. Appreciate your help!
Hi,

Processing is done in the Case Processing Centres (CPCs). If you prefer your application processed in Canada, you select a CPC in Canada.

The Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney is more of a pre-screening office for applications. After pre-screening, if the application is to be processed in Canada, then it is sent to a CPC that handles applications in the PNP class.

See here for the difference between CIO and CPC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp

.../atb

rauf12

Apr 26, 2014
Thanks very much atb. One more question....

In that case, should I select CPC Ottawa? I can see from cic site CPC-Ottawa process PR visa application within Canada (below).

Case Processing Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Temporary Resident Visa applications from within Canada
Permanent Resident Visa applications from within Canada and the U.S. ONLY
Processing times
Frequently asked questions

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
rauf12 said:

In that case, should I select CPC Ottawa? I can see from cic site CPC-Ottawa process PR visa application within Canada (below).

Processing times
You should select CPP Ottawa if you're an inland applicant.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rauf12 said:

Processing times
Yes.

Remember, what you select here is not where you submit the application; this is the immigration office requested to process the application. After you finish with all the forms and ready to submit in your application, you will need to submit the application first to CIO-Sydney, where it will be pre-screened. Then your application will be sent to the processing centre or VO that will do further processing.

I add VO (visa office) here as I was an inland applicant also, and also selected CPC-O as the processing office, but CIO sent my application to my home country VO for futher processing.

.../all the best