+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Medicals

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCguy or somebody who knows about this,

Do you guys know if there is place/database where you can check one's medical history/records like you can check credit history/scores?

Does the CIC pull the medical record from the database somewhere OR they only rely on what was found during the medical checkups and lab tests?

C

cchabert

What I have hear is that all medicals going to an Office in Ottawa, and depend on the volume of medicals receive is the time it takes to read them and then send their results to the visa office where your case is, and no, there is no website, database thing where you can see, it's just sit have a beer and wait.

Peace

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I may need to clarify something there. I am NOT talking about checking the medical status once the results are sent to Ottawa or wherever it goes to. I am talking about if the CIC goes after a database/record system to check one's past medical record.

My wife had a medical condition a few years go which is all taken care now and am thinking about not disclosing it during the medicals as I heard that the doctor can ask for more tests which mean more money and more time. If I do not disclose it and they can check the medical history online, then I will be in big trouble. I was just trying to find a better way to handle this case. We have been living in the US for past 10 years and all the medical treatments were done in the US (if this makes any difference).

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Nix1

l think the most important thing is if your wife is fine NOW.The doctor will run test for what is required and they'll go of of that.if your wife is find now then you need not worry about her past condition if l were you'll not mention any past medical condition cause she's find now.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rascojenkins,

I really appreciate your answer and kind words. I am not planning on disclosing the past medical history as she is perfectly fine now.

BCguy and Leon, I would apprecaite your inputs on this issue if you get a chance and desire to give your opinions/ideas. Thanks.

ndayananda

Mar 13, 2009
Hi
I am doctor and can answer better than your rumors. The medical data is confidential and unlikely to be revealed for immigration purposes- unless there is a danger to your wife or to others, if left unrevealed- as per medical ethics. As a doctor, I would rather know what problems existed to have a fair discussion of what needs to be done. Any past documentations will help. Most consults, nowadays, are democratic rather than paternalistic. Unnecessary investigations are less likely to be done, in the Canadian system Vs the US. And, if your wife is fine now, any history from the past is less likely to be prohibitive for immigration. Most consults are still done under good faith and not only is there the attraction of honesty but also the added bonus of a second opinion! Cost, of course, is a small price to pay immigrating into such a nice, friendly place like Canada
My 2 bit worth

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think they can or will check your medical history anywhere. If she passes the medicals, she should be fine.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ndayananda and Leon.

ndayananda, I would not mind disclosing the past medical history as she is perfectly fine now and I am sure she will have no problem passing the medicals even if we disclosed it. The only reason I am hesitant to do that is that I heard that you have to provide test results, doctors opinions from the past and we are not in contact with the doctors who treated her. Her treatment was done in other states and it's been over 4-5 years.