+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Medical Examination and UMI Number

JosephAsk

Jan 12, 2016
Hello Experts...

Please what is the difference between Immigration Medical Examination Number and UMI Number?.

On CIC website it states...

"The medical examination confirmation is required upfront at the time of application and must be valid for a minimum of six months.
The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B], whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination."

I have done my medicals using one of the CIC specific medical doctors, but the form I was given (e-medical Information Sheet), on it i have UMI number and the following info:

Client Visa details
IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical Type: Worker

Please what does this mean?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have exactly the same thing. From what I know we can scan and attach the scanned copy when submitting our documents.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Up-front medicals mean we get UMI number, not IME. What you got (the e-Medical information sheet) is what you upload. CIC uses UMI to electronically track and capture your medical report. I hope this clears it up. Best wishes to you.

JosephAsk

Jan 12, 2016
MooseNBooze said:
Up-front medicals mean we get UMI number, not IME. What you got (the e-Medical information sheet) is what you upload. CIC uses UMI to electronically track and capture your medical report. I hope this clears it up. Best wishes to you.
Awesome!!!.... Thanks for the clarity. Thanks also for the best wishes.

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
Hi friends I am a FSW Express entry ITA receiver and me and my spouse will enter upfront medical exam. However, in the forum there are many experiences it it should write NON-EDE WORKER, or NON-EDE FAMILY or EDE-WORKER on the status. Do we have a consensus in here? I doctor seems like its her first express entry medical examination so I am afraid of the risk.

Jul 4, 2018
Hi Friends
I applied for a study permit and at the time of application, I did not upload any medical report. My application was showing "You do not need a medical examination, you will be informed if this changes". But after finding out that the Indians need to get the medical examination certificate from specified panel physicians, I got the medical checkup done and received an e.Medical information sheet with a UMI no.

Today I received the form IMM 1017 F on my application with IME no, UCI, Application no. etc.

At the time of medical checkup the panel physician told me that they have created another id and when you get the form IMM 1017 F you upload both "e.Medical Information sheet" and empty "IMM 1017 F" , and the immigration officers will merge both the applications.

Now, I don't see any place to upload these documents. Please guide me.
Thank you very much.

Priyanka G

Apr 3, 2018
Hi, i got my medical done for PR (dependent )as i received a request for doing so after my husband updated the cic with the marital status... i got my medical done on 29th may 2018 ... before receiving medical request for PR, i had already applied for my work permit visa, for which i received a medical request on 9th july 2018.. can i use the same medical which i had done for my PR or do i need to do it again? And the medical request for work permit has a form IMM1017E attached which i need to submit along with my information sheet.. so can i just submit my medical information sheet and get this form filled up and signed by the panel doctor as per the requirement?

Deepaliror0000

Jun 18, 2018
Informing ircc is mandatory before upfront medical? ???already undergone medical tests yesterday ,have an e medical sheet with umi number

krunal6689

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
I am Applying for Medical Examination on 20th of this month. and the clinic ask me about certain documents.

Like Passport, college offer letter and IME.

So My Question is What is IME? and i dont have IME as i am applying for the first time in medical, do i need that for the medical