+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Lawyers

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Guys,

My partner and I are starting the Visa application process and are looking for some advice. I am Irish and my partner is Canadian. We are applying for the Common Law Spousal Visa. We have reviewed the documentation and are about to start putting our package together but we are wondering if it is more efficient to go through a law firm. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alanmaura said:
Hi Guys,

My partner and I are starting the Visa application process and are looking for some advice. I am Irish and my partner is Canadian. We are applying for the Common Law Spousal Visa. We have reviewed the documentation and are about to start putting our package together but we are wondering if it is more efficient to go through a law firm. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks
Not more efficient, maybe a bit less stressful, you will still need to provide the information.

Many people complete the application themselves.

Take a look through the instructions and forms at the CIC web site, any questions ask here, there are plenty of helpful folk available.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

Have a look here at the post by Leon

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg344291#msg344291

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Using a lawyer is a choice you alone can decide on
if only you are ready to keep paying your ass off. lol

Note: You can do it yourself by just following the steps
in completing the forms and you are always welcome
to this forum and ask your questions & it will be answered.
Goodluck

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If there are any problems with your application, then I would hire a lawyer or an immigration consultant. Problems such as: criminal history, a lot of 'red flags' in the relationship (a few are normal), problems with custody of children.
If you have a normal relationship and a lot of documentation of the length and genuiness of the relationship, then I don't think you need a lawyer.