+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Lawyer Issues

cynthiaach

Jul 8, 2019
Hello, I decided to work with an immigration professional despite being short on cash as I thought he'd have an added value. I honestly feel like I wasted my money and possibly wasted my chance as well due to his careless behavior. I don't know if I'm overreacting because this is something that I really want or if they're all like that.

Before I paid the first payment he was extremely nice, answered my emails quickly. Now I have to send him several reminders and call to Canada and even that gets me nowhere as his wife always answers to say he's not here send him an email. I wanted to work with a professional to avoid stress yet working with him is giving me anxiety and stress with each step and process. He created my profile in February and when I got a hold of him on the phone he told me not to worry that he is sure by June i would be doing my medical and i should not panic or worry. A month later after i sent him several emails asking for updates he tells me my score is low and that there hasn't been a draw that low since 2017. Why would you tell me literally a month ago not to worry that surely i'll get an ITA and than a month later tell me my score is not good. And why would he not advise me before creating my profile that my score is low I would have worked on improving it before getting in the pool and wasting time.

It's been almost 6 months now all he did was create my profile which i could have done myself. I did my TEF exam and sent him the results he still hasn't replied that my profile is updated. I call him he's not there. I am terrified that the next draw might drop and he hasn't updated my profile and i might miss my last chance at getting an ITA.

Can you please tell me if i'm overreacting here or I am right to be upset.

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Hello, I decided to work with an immigration professional despite being short on cash as I thought he'd have an added value. I honestly feel like I wasted my money and possibly wasted my chance as well due to his careless behavior. I don't know if I'm overreacting because this is something that I really want or if they're all like that.

Before I paid the first payment he was extremely nice, answered my emails quickly. Now I have to send him several reminders and call to Canada and even that gets me nowhere as his wife always answers to say he's not here send him an email. I wanted to work with a professional to avoid stress yet working with him is giving me anxiety and stress with each step and process. He created my profile in February and when I got a hold of him on the phone he told me not to worry that he is sure by June i would be doing my medical and i should not panic or worry. A month later after i sent him several emails asking for updates he tells me my score is low and that there hasn't been a draw that low since 2017. Why would you tell me literally a month ago not to worry that surely i'll get an ITA and than a month later tell me my score is not good. And why would he not advise me before creating my profile that my score is low I would have worked on improving it before getting in the pool and wasting time.

It's been almost 6 months now all he did was create my profile which i could have done myself. I did my TEF exam and sent him the results he still hasn't replied that my profile is updated. I call him he's not there. I am terrified that the next draw might drop and he hasn't updated my profile and i might miss my last chance at getting an ITA.

Cancel asap. There is no need (imo) to pay someone else to file for you. It is actually not difficult once you understand what is needed. Furthermore nobody wants PR more than you so no lawyer or consultant can ever be as vigilant or dedicated as yourself.

Consider the stress you have following up on him you could have been following up directly on your file. The process is stressful but 10 times more stressful when you have to rely on someone else who is probably spending his time looking for new clients... harsh but true. I'd say you have every right to be upset.

Last edited:

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019

This is not an uncommon issue. My personal experience is, I have changed agents 2 times. They all are the same. I'm working with my third agent now because I did not want to take all the stress for me and money was not an issue for me. But if you have time you can do it for your self. Even though I have spent around USD 8,000 for the agent, I do not rely on him. I have my CIC account and I track everything on my own. Because at the end of the day they do not take any responsibility. You will have to take responsibility on your own.