+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMMIGRATION INQUIRY..... PLEASE HELP

coolz3ro

Oct 7, 2008
Hi everyone,

I have a question, we have a permanent resident visa application submitted last 2004 and is due for processing next year, if my skilled application work experience is as retail trade supervisor, then my sister in law which is a Canadian Citizen here in Canada, just gave birth and will be returning to work soon, she wants me to be a live in caregiver for their baby. Should they file an LMO to the HRSDC or a Arranged employment opinion? because they want me start as soon as possible or urgently. what will happen next after filing for an Arranged employment?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have the sister in law call CIC and ask. I am not sure if AEO would work to speed up your application since live in caregiver is not skilled work but you can apply for LMO and temporary work permit.

coolz3ro

Oct 7, 2008
Thanks for your reply, May I also inquire, that if my sister-in-law informs the cic that if ever we will be granted a
permanent resident visa that I will be hired by them as a live in caregiver, will the chances go higher?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if it matters. The purpose of the skilled worker program is not to provide people with live-in caregivers. That is what the live-in caregiver program is for. If you work for her for 2 years, you dont need your FSW anymore since you could apply for PR under the live in caregiver program but your FSW should be through by then anyway.