+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration for sister

lively

Jan 13, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sister is a Masters in English Literature currently an Assistant Professor at a College teaching 11-14 grade students.
She completed her Masters from Pakistan in 1985. She has been in the teaching profession since then.
Her date of birth is Feb 23, 1960
She is single, unmarried, no dependents

With regard to family information, we are 5 siblings. 2 are Canadian citizens and two are recent immigrants (PR). I am one of the latter two. Our parents have passed on and we do not have any other blood relation in Pakistan. Hence, I want my sister to be with me in Canada. I am single, divorced, no children or dependents.

Any advise on what possibilities are available for my sister's immigration will be greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She cannot be sponsored through Family Class and will have to qualify to immigrate on her own through one of the economic immigration streams. Information about Canada's immigration programs can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

She will have to research these programs to determine if she qualifies to apply and through which program. Since she has no experience in Canada, I would recommend that she look at Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker) and the Provincial Nomination programs.

She will need to take an English test before she can apply and most likely also have her education officially assessed.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lively said:
My sister is a Masters in English Literature currently an Assistant Professor at a College teaching 11-14 grade students.
She completed her Masters from Pakistan in 1985. She has been in the teaching profession since then.
Her date of birth is Feb 23, 1960
She is single, unmarried, no dependents

With regard to family information, we are 5 siblings. 2 are Canadian citizens and two are recent immigrants (PR). I am one of the latter two. Our parents have passed on and we do not have any other blood relation in Pakistan. Hence, I want my sister to be with me in Canada. I am single, divorced, no children or dependents.

Any advise on what possibilities are available for my sister's immigration will be greatly appreciated.
It need some planning. Check various pnp programs. One option I can think of u shifting to nova Scotia and apply under close relative busniess catagory. Start a business such as shop or truck driving. Get her into some office assistant job in Pakistan. And sponser her

Another option to get her here on study visa for cook or Noa B catagory. Apply for EE with sponser job. Talk to some lawyer on some strategy. Best of luck