+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration for foreign qualified lawyers

CoolAmer001

Sep 14, 2016
Hi, I am a qualified lawyer from Pakistan and having experience of more than six years. Can I apply for express entry/ Immigration?

ronnieS

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Hi,

Yes, you can apply your NOC code is 4211. I also applied as FSW. You need to get the WES done and write your IELTS first, also try searching for NCA as well; this is the accreditation of foreign qualified lawyers in Canada.

Reactions: Ismail said

Ismail said

Feb 28, 2018
Alexandria,Egypt
NOC Code......
Hi,

Yes, you can apply your NOC code is 4211. I also applied as FSW. You need to get the WES done and write your IELTS first, also try searching for NCA as well; this is the accreditation of foreign qualified lawyers in Canada.

hi,

I'm a lawyer too and I have two questions,

1.....Is it mandatory that obtain a license for Canada immigration before get (ITA)?

(((((((((University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:
  • NOC 2016 Skill Level A, and
  • licensed by a provincial regulatory body
Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy.

23 points)))))))))))

2.....if I choose NOC 4211 skill level B,will I get 23 points ,because they wrote on website Occupation related to the degree must be: NOC level A and licensed by a provincial regulatory ?

I would very much appreciate any input.

Many thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm sure you already realize this but if you want to continue practicing law moving to Canada is probably not a good option. If you want to change careers then it is fine.

Ismail said

Feb 28, 2018
Alexandria,Egypt
NOC Code......
I'm sure you already realize this but if you want to continue practicing law moving to Canada is probably not a good option. If you want to change careers then it is fine.
hi,

yes,sure I want to change my career.but I only have experience in this field,so I want to apply as a lawyer but I was wondering if my NOC code would be 4112 or 4211? and I want to ask you as a lawyer do we get 23 points as a professional degree or only we get 21 points as a bachelor's graduated ?and Is it mandatory that obtain a license for Canada immigration before getting (ITA)?

Many thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi,

yes,sure I want to change my career.but I only have experience in this field,so I want to apply as a lawyer but I was wondering if my NOC code would be 4112 or 4211? and I want to ask you as a lawyer do we get 23 points as a professional degree or only we get 21 points as a bachelor's graduated ?and Is it mandatory that obtain a license for Canada immigration before getting (ITA)?

Many thanks!
Seems like it should be 4112 but only you know what matches your description of your job responsibilities. You will have to see how wes, eca, etc evaluates your degrees. No you don't need to be certified as a lawyer in Canada to immigrate and get points as a lawyer.

Ismail said

Feb 28, 2018
Alexandria,Egypt
NOC Code......
Seems like it should be 4112 but only you know what matches your description of your job responsibilities. You will have to see how wes, eca, etc evaluates your degrees. No you don't need to be certified as a lawyer in Canada to immigrate and get points as a lawyer.
thanks,

(((((((((University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal). Occupation related to the degree must be:
  • NOC 2016 Skill Level A, and
  • licensed by a provincial regulatory body
Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy.

23 points)))))))))))

while surfing on CIC website I found out law is a professional degree,does it mean I can claim points for prof degree on EE or not ?

Ismail said

Feb 28, 2018
Alexandria,Egypt
NOC Code......
You have to see what your degrees are evaluated as.
WES evaluated my degree as a bachelor of law,but when I asked a friend and he is a pharmacist,also WES evaluated his degree as a bachelor of
Pharmacy but he told me that I should choose a professional degree during filling the EE profile to get professional degree's points.

What was the evaluation of your degree? and did you choose a professional degree during filling your EE profile ?

feritto

Nov 19, 2017
WES evaluated my degree as a bachelor of law,but when I asked a friend and he is a pharmacist,also WES evaluated his degree as a bachelor of
Pharmacy but he told me that I should choose a professional degree during filling the EE profile to get professional degree's points.

What was the evaluation of your degree? and did you choose a professional degree during filling your EE profile ?
No you cannot claim points for professional degree under WES ECA. You should apply IQAS and get a better ECA for your law degree. It takes almost 3 months to get ECA from them but if you need those extra points this way may help you.

Ismail said

Feb 28, 2018
Alexandria,Egypt
NOC Code......
No you cannot claim points for professional degree under WES ECA. You should apply IQAS and get a better ECA for your law degree. It takes almost 3 months to get ECA from them but if you need those extra points this way may help you.
thank you,
Have you tried it with this method?does IQAS write "First professional university degree"
and While you were applying at CIC did you choose Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession ?