+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration examination pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Act (need help)

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Hello everyone!

I applied for permanent residence under the Caring For Children class last week, and yesterday I received a letter from CIC that says that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in this class. But also this letter contains the following:

In order to continue processing your application in Canada, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
[X] The family member(s) you have listed on your application are required to undergo immigration examination pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations whether or not they have been included for concurrent processing for permanent residence. Failure to comply with our instructions may result in your application for permanent residence being refused. Our office in Warsaw will be contacting your family members.

I have only one dependent - my husband. What does immigration examination mean? Definitely it's not medical exam because we both (me and my husband) had taken medical exam just before I applied for PR. I've searched through this forum and found that some people also received such requirements, but no one finally said - what are these requirements about?

If somebody received such a letter, please share your experience. Tell me whether your local immigration office (mine is in Warsaw) have contacted to you and what documents or actions have they requested from you?

Reactions: asad0207

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexfaraon said:
Hello everyone!

I applied for permanent residence under the Caring For Children class last week, and yesterday I received a letter from CIC that says that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in this class. But also this letter contains the following:

In order to continue processing your application in Canada, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
[X] The family member(s) you have listed on your application are required to undergo immigration examination pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations whether or not they have been included for concurrent processing for permanent residence. Failure to comply with our instructions may result in your application for permanent residence being refused. Our office in Warsaw will be contacting your family members.

I have only one dependent - my husband. What does immigration examination mean? Definitely it's not medical exam because we both (me and my husband) had taken medical exam just before I applied for PR. I've searched through this forum and found that some people also received such requirements, but no one finally said - what are these requirements about?

If somebody received such a letter, please share your experience. Tell me whether your local immigration office (mine is in Warsaw) have contacted to you and what documents or actions have they requested from you?
When you applied for PR, you must include your husband on your application and he must fill out some forms as well for his background information etc. There should be a checklist stating which forms are needed for which persons.

If you are applying under live in caregiver, you can find the document checklist here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/live-in.asp It says that your husband needs to fill out IMM5669 and IMM5406 and needs to send in PCC's as well.

Reactions: brar1989

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
When you applied for PR, you must include your husband on your application and he must fill out some forms as well for his background information etc. There should be a checklist stating which forms are needed for which persons.

If you are applying under live in caregiver, you can find the document checklist here: It says that your husband needs to fill out IMM5669 and IMM5406 and needs to send in PCC's as well.
Leon, thank you for your answer! I applied for Caring for children class, and it has a little different checklist (unfortunately I cannot post a link). But in this list there are also IMM5669 and IMM5406 and we (both me and my husband) filled out all required forms. All required documents were cent to CPC in Vegreville: forms, police certificates, medical exams, etc. And in the letter that I posted above they don't mention what other documents I'm required. May be somebody on this forum received such letter before? What happened next in your cases?

Reactions: brar1989

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you have proof that both you and your husband completed the medical? If so, I would resend copies of this proof to your visa office.

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
scylla said:
Do you have proof that both you and your husband completed the medical? If so, I would resend copies of this proof to your visa office.
Hello scylla!

these documents (proof of medical exam) were sent with all other documents last Thursday and CPC has these documents, I'm 100% sure. I also think that immigration examination is not equal to medical exam. I think it's some background checks, but I don't know that they want from me. In the letter it's said that The information requested above must be received at this office within 60 days of the date of this letter.[So they gave me 60 days for submitting documents, but did not say what to submit. The only clue here may be that they say Our office in Warsaw will be contacting your family members

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Hey, guys!

I'm sure, a lot of people here received email like mine. Please tell, what was next for you? Did your local processing centres contact with you?

Aug 2, 2017
Hello everyone!

I applied for permanent residence under the Live in Caregiver Program I received a letter from CIC that says that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in this class. But also this letter contains the following:

What does it mean that email?
Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone!

I applied for permanent residence under the Live in Caregiver Program I received a letter from CIC that says that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in this class. But also this letter contains the following:

Thank you
1. It means that you spouse or dependent children under the age of 19, (That is if you have a spouse or children) whether they are included in your application must have a medical exam. Anyone over 18 will also require police certificates.

brar1989

Dec 1, 2017
Hello everyone!

Dawpaj

Feb 26, 2018
Hello everyone!

Hi, how long did it takes to wait after you received this email from cic?

Dawpaj

Feb 26, 2018
I received the same email like this just wondering if this means they are doing the bcakground check?

brar1989

Dec 1, 2017
Hello everyone!

Thank you
hi maryanne i also received the same meassage but they have given me 90 days its past ready i did t let conatc by elhi visa office. what was in your case/