+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration examination pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Act (need help)

bless.2018

Apr 10, 2018
Hello everyone!

I applied for permanent residence under the Caring For Children class last week, and yesterday I received a letter from CIC that says that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in this class. But also this letter contains the following:

In order to continue processing your application in Canada, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
[X] The family member(s) you have listed on your application are required to undergo immigration examination pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations whether or not they have been included for concurrent processing for permanent residence. Failure to comply with our instructions may result in your application for permanent residence being refused. Our office in Warsaw will be contacting your family members.

I have only one dependent - my husband. What does immigration examination mean? Definitely it's not medical exam because we both (me and my husband) had taken medical exam just before I applied for PR. I've searched through this forum and found that some people also received such requirements, but no one finally said - what are these requirements about?

If somebody received such a letter, please share your experience. Tell me whether your local immigration office (mine is in Warsaw) have contacted to you and what documents or actions have they requested from you?

Update please?

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Nothing happens. It's a standard letter. If they need, they will contact you.

Reactions: bless.2018

devan710

Jul 18, 2018
I got the same letter and I have no clue on what to do. I wasn’t given a deadline if there is a document they need me to submit. It just said my dependent will be contacted by the Abu Dhabi office and my husband is currently in KSA. I submitted his police clearance with my application. If this is a standard letter do you have any idea how long does it take to verify the background check any updates pls. Thank you