+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Consultants - what was your experience?

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To those of you who hired an immigration consultant:

Who was? (name, company)

How much did it cost?

How you evaluate the benefits vs costs?

Mine was:
Immi-Canada
CAD 3.500
Excellent (so far)

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chiuzi said:
To those of you who hired an immigration consultant:

Who was? (name, company)

How much did it cost?

How you evaluate the benefits vs costs?

Mine was:
Immi-Canada
CAD 3.500
Excellent (so far)
I never hired one but from whatever I have heard and read just stay away from them.

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
I never hired one but from whatever I have heard and read just stay away from them.
Really? what have you heard?

howcoldisit

Dec 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've only used them to gain advice on immigration issues. Mine is Marc Laforce, based out of Dallas, Texas. He's not exactly cheap, but he's extremely knowledgeable, and will set realistic expectations for you.

Rule of thumb is - if an immigration consultant is overly optimistic, stay away.

Reactions: Kya

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
howcoldisit said:
I've only used them to gain advice on immigration issues. Mine is Marc Laforce, based out of Dallas, Texas. He's not exactly cheap, but he's extremely knowledgeable, and will set realistic expectations for you.

Rule of thumb is - if an immigration consultant is overly optimistic, stay away.
I'm with you on this one... too optimistic = naive.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
It really depends on your case - do you have any complications in it?

If had visa refusals, criminal issues, difficult to prove work experience etc. Then agent is a must.

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018

Hello, I’m also working with Marc Laforce, I’m wondering if he would give you access to your profile/PR application? It’s a bit annoying that I don’t see what exactly was submitted for my application and check the progress .

amittan

Feb 4, 2018
Hello, I’m also working with Marc Laforce, I’m wondering if he would give you access to your profile/PR application? It’s a bit annoying that I don’t see what exactly was submitted for my application and check the progress .
I used him and my application ( wife principal) was rejected because it was incomplete. His office (Kerin) did not upload my sons passport. They gave a lame excuse that it was s server issue. They did not have courtesy to even inform me. When the fees was refunded is how I came to know. Waiting for past year as my wife score dropped because of birthday. I feel frustrated every day.

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
I used him and my application ( wife principal) was rejected because it was incomplete. His office (Kerin) did not upload my sons passport. They gave a lame excuse that it was s server issue. They did not have courtesy to even inform me. When the fees was refunded is how I came to know. Waiting for past year as my wife score dropped because of birthday. I feel frustrated every day.
Oh it’s horrible! I am also working with Kerin , my application just got submitted 3 weeks ago and I don’t like the fact I’m not having access to it. I have a feeling they definitely missed something. Also, have you submitted your birth sertificates ? Did you try to fight with Marc’s office ? I’m thinking if I should withdraw an application and stop working with him , so I’ll submit things myself , but I need access to my profile !

amittan

Feb 4, 2018
Oh it’s horrible! I am also working with Kerin , my application just got submitted 3 weeks ago and I don’t like the fact I’m not having access to it. I have a feeling they definitely missed something. Also, have you submitted your birth sertificates ? Did you try to fight with Marc’s office ? I’m thinking if I should withdraw an application and stop working with him , so I’ll submit things myself , but I need access to my profile !
yes it is . I do not recall submitting my birth certificates. In the initial agreement you sign they pretty much make sure that you do have much to fight for. I am going to file an official complaint with cic. I am really confused about all the good google review they have. There is way to access ur profile even if ur attorney has filed ur application. you will have to search for it on this forum. I prepared all the documents myself. I feel so stupid that I paid 1500$ to someone just to upload them that too incorrectly.

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
yes it is . I do not recall submitting my birth certificates. In the initial agreement you sign they pretty much make sure that you do have much to fight for. I am going to file an official complaint with cic. I am really confused about all the good google review they have. There is way to access ur profile even if ur attorney has filed ur application. you will have to search for it on this forum. I prepared all the documents myself. I feel so stupid that I paid 1500$ to someone just to upload them that too incorrectly.
Thank you for the response and hope everything is going to be fine and smooth with your new attempt! As far as I know , consultants are using their personal paid portal to submit applications , so really no access for applicant , I did lots of research but still might be wrong. Don't feel stupid spending 1500$ - a lot of people do that are just trying to secure themselves , I also know a few people who were rejected that submitted applications by their own. It's just annoying that before the money paid to the consultant everyone is super nice and helpful, but after the payment is done - that's it, no one really cares. Best of luck!

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Mine:
DM consultant ,UAE
USD$ 2,500
Excellent so far

I signed with them before finding out this forum! Here, you get all the info needed.

It really depends on your case - do you have any complications in it?

If had visa refusals, criminal issues, difficult to prove work experience etc. Then agent is a must.
Absolutely agreed with you. Even in this case I do not believe they will be much help as most of them know only filling up application rather than the legal terms.

Faizan.kareem.ocp

Oct 14, 2017
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Mine:
DM consultant ,UAE
USD$ 2,500
Excellent so far

I signed with them before finding out this forum! Here, you get all the info needed.

Absolutely agreed with you. Even in this case I do not believe they will be much help as most of them know only filling up application rather than the legal terms.
Hi, I have just registered with DM consultant in Abu Dhabi, let me know about your experience until now. Did you face any difficulty? please share your experience.