+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration consultant

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Had anyone here gone through Canlink Consulting to help with their immigration needs? If yes, how did you like them? They are located in Richmond, BC

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
Had anyone here gone through Canlink Consulting to help with their immigration needs? If yes, how did you like them? They are located in Richmond, BC
Well, they have themselves listed at CSIC members. CSIC is no longer the regulator of Canadian Immigration Consultants. ICCRC is (since July 1, 2011). First thing to do would be to ensure that whomever your consultant is, that they are a member in good standing with ICCRC. You can find the members list http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/public/membershiplistFull.cfm?

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
Please please do a lot of research before hiring a consultant. I just had a really bad experience with one in Vancouver, I'm out the money which I'm pretty sure I won't get back.

I will be filing a complaint with the council but I'm not sure how far that gets. I found a like that lists very good questions you should ask before hiring anyone, I got it off a website, it's about lawyers but it can be totally applied to a consultant.

Questions to ask an immigration lawyer

1. Ask the lawyer how they will contact you and how frequently. Keep in mind that some immigration applications can take months or even years to process , so there may not be much to report on your case every week. However, the immigration lawyer should be able to respond to your calls or e-mails in a timely manner and keep you updated when possible. In other words: they should be available.

2. Ask for referrals or references. If the immigration lawyer does a good job with his other clients, there are likely many former clients who were happy with the immigration lawyer’s services. While much information is confidential in the legal world, some immigration lawyers may have a selection of testimonials or “thank you” letters posted on their website, or on online reviews or in their office to show you.

3. Ask the lawyer whether they think your case will be successful or a failure. A good immigration lawyer will be able to call on their years of experience and tell you your chances, but generally not provide a “percentage” of likelihood your application will be approved. If an immigration lawyer or consultant guarantees your application will be successful because they know someone working at Citizenship and Immigration Canada or the Canada Border Services Agency, encourages you to lie on your application or provides false documents – don’t walk out of the office… run!

4. Don’t hesitate to ask who will be representing you. Just because you know a recognizable face from television or online ads, doesn’t mean that exact lawyer will be handling your case. If you do have another person from a large law firm representing you, make sure they have the same qualifications and positive track record.

5. Ask about the fees for all of the services that will be provided to you by the immigration lawyer and how they will breakdown. A good immigration lawyer will be able to explain these for you clearly, and not be vague about how much they charge.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
Do not hire one If your case is not complicated/ u are able to fill out form by yourself /
just get help from seniors in this site . I should have never hired one. :-[