+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Consultant Concerns

jfrancis85

Jun 23, 2022
Hi We had a consultant due our PR application for us, it has changed to decision made and he sent my partner a message in vietnamese (they're both vietnamese).

We had given him 2 photos at the time Jan 20th, 2022 for PR card purposes.
He messaged my partner today asking for another photo in JPG, and wanted $40 to mail us the card after.

She phoned and spoke with him asking why he needs an additional photo, he then freaks out and says do it yourself then, and if it takes 6-12 months longer it's not my problem anymore.

This is someone we paid over $3,000 for an application.

I just can't believe this guy, no professionalism at all.
I don't think he's even allowed to confirm her status in Canada anyway.

No words for this entire scenario lol
(I'm a Canadian Citizen FWIW)

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,
The consultant should not react this way for sure, but while people send hard copies of their photos, there is a new process of landing that is entirely online and for this matter you need a JPG photo. Here is a web page that might be helpful to understand How do I validate a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or a permanent resident visa if I live in Canada? (cic.gc.ca)

I assume you received the Confirmation of PR since he is asking for the photo. Since this person is your paid representative, IRCC uses his address for contact and your PR Card will be delivered to his office. Therefore, he needs disbursements to cover the delivery expense for mailing the card (40$ I'd say is a bit much). I'd look in your agreement with him, it might be covered and he is not entitled to this money.

Additionally, the processing time for the card is 69 days (at least it was when I last checked) so doesn't depend on him in any way to push things faster.

What you certainly should ask from him is the COPR so your wife could apply for SIN and all the benefits, you do not need a card for that.

Cheers