+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Clearance

wisnonavara

Oct 30, 2016
My family has passed the citizenship test and had nice interview with citizenship officer, CO was nice enough to congratulate us after we passed the test and interview with him.
Only thing is pending on our application is CIC did not receive the immigration clearance, so officer told us they could not send us invite for oath ceremony, until we will receive your immigration clearance because your immigration clearance is still pending.

My questions to you: how likely doe's take for immigration clearance once you passed your test?

He also mentioned sometime it will take weeks or months to receive immigration clearance certificate.

I am still looking forward to hearing the invitation mail from CIC, without any time period.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
wisnonavara said:
My family has passed the citizenship test and had nice interview with citizenship officer, CO was nice enough to congratulate us after we passed the test and interview with him.
Only thing is pending on our application is CIC did not receive the immigration clearance, so officer told us they could not send us invite for oath ceremony, until we will receive your immigration clearance because your immigration clearance is still pending.

My questions to you: how likely doe's take for immigration clearance once you passed your test?

He also mentioned sometime it will take weeks or months to receive immigration clearance certificate.

I am still looking forward to hearing the invitation mail from CIC, without any time period.
My test was 9th Sep and still waiting for clearance.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
There is simply no way to answer questions like this with much accuracy. There are too many variables: It depends on the speed of your local office and whether or not your application sits on the shelf awhile before someone picks it up to run the clearance. Could be a week, could be six months or more.

wisnonavara

Oct 30, 2016
This was so unfortunate. The Oath Ceremony was scheduled on the same day. However, during the interview, the CO told us you have to wait until the IC comes.
Edmonton is our local office. I do not have any clue, how long do we have to wait. Moreover, our PR is going to expire on January 2017. So, I do not know which decision needs to take. Do we need to renew the PR prior to its expiration or do we need to wait for the invitation for the Oath? If we don't renew the PR on the basis of our Citizenship application is still on process, does it effects our children schooling, and our living and work privileges.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wisnonavara said:
Do we need to renew the PR prior to its expiration or do we need to wait for the invitation for the Oath? If we don't renew the PR on the basis of our Citizenship application is still on process, does it effects our children schooling, and our living and work privileges.
It is just your PR card that is expiring. You will still be a PR and have the full right to live, go to school and work in Canada.

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wisnonavara said:
This was so unfortunate. The Oath Ceremony was scheduled on the same day. However, during the interview, the CO told us you have to wait until the IC comes.
Edmonton is our local office. I do not have any clue, how long do we have to wait. Moreover, our PR is going to expire on January 2017. So, I do not know which decision needs to take. Do we need to renew the PR prior to its expiration or do we need to wait for the invitation for the Oath? If we don't renew the PR on the basis of our Citizenship application is still on process, does it effects our children schooling, and our living and work privileges.
If you don't plan to travel outside during the next months, you don't need to renew your PR. Your expired PR will be okay for your oath ceremony.
If your PR card expires, it does not mean you have lost permanent resident status. "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp"