+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration check?

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi,

CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) & FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) are the places the govt. authorities use to confirm if the person has no criminal background in the country.

Rose :)

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
my question is:
once cic office start processing citizenship application, they must do a background check
before invitation for test.... is this a must???

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi,

I have been personally contacted the immigration and thats the answer I have received and this is part of the procedure they follow before grant. They have to make sure that the person is honest and loyal and it is valid for one year. If your file is up-to-date and have nothing missing/ fishy then you will receive your grant within that years period from your test but when they are doubtful then thigs change.

Any ways it all depends on your individual case. You know your case better then anyone as if things are straight then you should not worry but stay in contact with CIC at Question@cic.gc.ca so you know what is going on before its too late.

Good Luck :)

Rose

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rosebud, ok, that is good, so the CBI will start as soon as the file in process or after the test?

Thanks

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi,

Its done before test and then you receive your test date then once you pass your test and every thing is clear then within 6 mths from the test you will receive your oath letter.

Good Luck

Rose :)

checkmate

Oct 25, 2012
Hello Friends,

I need help, How I can ordere CBSA & health report ? can I order online or by fax? what info they need?
I appreciate your help...

nmc88

Sep 13, 2012
I spoke to an immigration agent and he told me that if I don't get my Permanent Resident Card on time, I could send an urgent request with a copy of the airplane ticket and then I should get it in about 3 weeks.
However, I just checked the immigration site and there is finally an update. They received my request on September 21st and started processing it on November 5th, so if all goes well, I should probably have by the end of December. Or if I have the same "luck" as with everything else taking so long, I may have to submit an urgent request...:(

Now I'm waiting to hear some news from my citizenship application. Hopefully not later than the end of 2012 (which will be 2 years less a moth since I passed the test)! ;)