+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration as a self employed farmer.

canxyz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Kindly let me know about this category of immigration.What are the requirements for applying under this category and can I study or do some business after entering Canada as a self employed farmer?

Thanking You
canxyz

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a program like that under Alberta PNP, maybe some other provinces have something similar, see http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-farmer-stream.aspx

If you go in under a program like that or basically any investor program, you have to look carefully at the conditions. Some such programs do not just require you to invest your money in a business, they also require you to successfully run the business for a certain amount of time and will re-visit you to make sure those conditions are met.

mike14sabat

Jun 9, 2011
Trumbull
NOC Code......
Retirement planner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't have so much knowledge but I was curious and thanks for providing the link for details info.

georgecombey

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I was questioning myself about the same question as what canxyz have asked. I am glad someone has provided a helpful link. If there are anymore other information concerning this matter kindly post it here. Thanks once again!

Pummelchen

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder what capital requirements they expect you to have to buy a farm ?

As there are no checks after immigration for self employed farmers, basically you only proof to have some kind of money to "maybe" buy a farm but once you get the PR you can do what you want.

I have seen very crappy farms east of Edmonton on my last tourist trip, so how much money do they expect you to show ?

???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find the criteria for AINP farmers stream here: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-farmer-stream.aspx

Maybe they do not want self-employed farmers who can only afford a crappy farm and will not be able to support their family from that.

LeBron

Jul 5, 2011
Hey everyone,
I want to apply to immigrate to Canada as a Self-employed farmer. However, there is one thing I don't understand:
How can I prove that I have experience in managing a farm? Will presenting documents which prove that I have owned farming land for more than two years be enough?
Thanks for your help.

Pummelchen

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To manage a farm means you are able to show that you can operate an agriculture business in a way that it generates profits from which you support yourself and your family.

To own land is easy but has nothing to do with commercial activities.

Try to register a small business and be sucsessful. Show the profit and loss sheet and cashflow sheet to CiC and have a business card and the legal registration papers ready.

That should work. Proof you are a real business man :)

LeBron

Jul 5, 2011
Thank you for your help.
Do you know how long such an application would take to be approved?

manitobain

Jul 4, 2011
hi,
look for the MB Business PNP under which there is also a farmer stream (as I wasn't allowed to post the link apparently). you can find this on the immigratemanitoba.com website ...sorry would have been much easier to post the link...but seems only some are allowed to do that.

NIMESH

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Requirement for this category is to be experienced as a farm supervisor.
yes you can do whatever you like as you are PR, no need to be a active in farm practice.
from nimesh
canxyz said:
Kindly let me know about this category of immigration.What are the requirements for applying under this category and can I study or do some business after entering Canada as a self employed farmer?

Thanking You
canxyz

NIMESH

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the requirement for the self employed farming category is that you have an farm supervisor experience, no need to be ownership of the farms.
you can do what you like as you are pr. No need to be active in farm business.
from nimesh