+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration agent recommendations?

Jul 22, 2019
Hey guys, how are you doing? I'm Josh and I am a British national currently studying in the UK, and I am considering moving to Canada in the future. I would like to get some advice from an immigration agent, and there are quite a number of them out there to choose from. Can anyone on here recommend one? If possible I would particularly like to get some inside information on which professions are most in demand in Canada, and how the Canadian Government defines the various eligible skilled occupations for the express entry route, as the titles of some of them are a little vague. I've managed to get some labour market information from government websites, but I would really value an immigration agent's perspective on this. Any recommendations? Josh

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, how are you doing? I'm Josh and I am a British national currently studying in the UK, and I am considering moving to Canada in the future. I would like to get some advice from an immigration agent, and there are quite a number of them out there to choose from. Can anyone on here recommend one? If possible I would particularly like to get some inside information on which professions are most in demand in Canada, and how the Canadian Government defines the various eligible skilled occupations for the express entry route, as the titles of some of them are a little vague. I've managed to get some labour market information from government websites, but I would really value an immigration agent's perspective on this. Any recommendations? Josh
I don't have a recommendation - but go with an immigration lawyer rather than a consultant / agent.

For Express Entry, all NOC A, B and 0 occupations qualify. So all skilled occupations qualify.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not many people on here will recommend immigration agents. Lots of negative experiences.

As scylla said, go with an experienced immigration lawyer. Expect to pay at least $5000.

NOC descriptions are fairly detailed. If you can't find one that matches your job, you can actually contact ESDC for their opinion.

Jul 22, 2019
Not many people on here will recommend immigration agents. Lots of negative experiences.

As scylla said, go with an experienced immigration lawyer. Expect to pay at least $5000.

NOC descriptions are fairly detailed. If you can't find one that matches your job, you can actually contact ESDC for their opinion.
Okay, thanks a lot, I will try and contact ESDC and see what they say, as there are a few occupations on the list which could apply to me, but it's difficult to say from some of the descriptions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Skills in demand are likely very similar in the UK. If you are young and still in school various IT, engineering, STEM in general jobs are the way to go. Nursing is another one that will always be in demand. Would suggest looking into IEC after you graduate.