+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Advice is now Illegal

brett

Dec 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For all those offering free advice in this forum (Qorax and Co.) Beware !!!!!!

All those offering advice on Immigration here can be prosecuted by the Crooked Consultants Act. In June, the Conservative government launched the latest attempt at regulation, with the introduction of Bill C-35 into the House of Commons, also known as the Cracking Down on Crooked Consultants Act. The humour couched in the name of the act may suggest to some that this attempt at regulation is disingenuous at worst and self-deprecating at best.
If enacted, the act will provide that no person shall knowingly represent or advise a person for consideration — or offer to do so — in connection with [an immigration proceeding] unless the person is a member in good standing of a law society (i.e., a lawyer), or a member of a body designated by the government.

There are a few points to pull out of that sentence. The prohibition does not require that the person actually provide any advice. Even offering to do so is not allowed. (We'll call that the crime of “attempted consulting.”)

So all those guys adding stars to your profile here by freely offering advice.....Watch Out !!! The stick is coming soon. Its not easy to try and put genuine practitioners out of business by providing alternatives. They have worked hard and aquired the knowledge and experience to practice. You cannot tell people not to hire consultants so easily !!!!!

God Bless you all ....

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Re: Immigration Advice is now Illegal !!! (Qorax and Co. be careful)

I wonder if a key phrase in that Bill is "FOR CONSIDERATION". As good people, Qorax and Co. are never paid for their service to us all, I think they will still be safe sharing their information on the Forum. What do the seniors think....or has everyone run out to get licenced?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Immigration Advice is now Illegal !!! (Qorax and Co. be careful)

brett said:
For all those offering free advice in this forum (Qorax and Co.) Beware !!!!!!

All those offering advice on Immigration here can be prosecuted by the Crooked Consultants Act. In June, the Conservative government launched the latest attempt at regulation, with the introduction of Bill C-35 into the House of Commons, also known as the Cracking Down on Crooked Consultants Act. The humour couched in the name of the act may suggest to some that this attempt at regulation is disingenuous at worst and self-deprecating at best.
If enacted, the act will provide that no person shall knowingly represent or advise a person for consideration — or offer to do so — in connection with [an immigration proceeding] unless the person is a member in good standing of a law society (i.e., a lawyer), or a member of a body designated by the government.

There are a few points to pull out of that sentence. The prohibition does not require that the person actually provide any advice. Even offering to do so is not allowed. (We'll call that the crime of “attempted consulting.”)

So all those guys adding stars to your profile here by freely offering advice.....Watch Out !!! The stick is coming soon. Its not easy to try and put genuine practitioners out of business by providing alternatives. They have worked hard and aquired the knowledge and experience to practice. You cannot tell people not to hire consultants so easily !!!!!

God Bless you all ....
Read the fine words of draft. When someone advice here it is without consideration. An advice without consideration ( $$$$, love, affection) is not covered under it. So enjoy and let others enjoy......

By the way, new member, 1st post, registered today, cat - not said, VO : USA( which cant be ), info on page- none, USA flag, already know about everyone. You cant be new member. Look at your attitude " so called seniors". Go and make a complaint.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Immigration Advice is now Illegal !!! ("Seniors" be careful !!!)

What brings you here. Have you come here just to tell us about the new law. That law is not applicable to anyone of us. They have made this draft for cheat consultants who are working in asia.

Look at the name of blog "Canada Immigration Forum" its preamble is discussion on immigration issues. If Immigration Ministry find something offensive here, they can ban this forum and can prosecute the owner of this website.

Look at your comments. You will not able to understand the value of assistance or help. People here are devoting their precious time to assist others without any expectation or consideration. Let those people decide as to whether they need to give or take others assistance, if you dont like assistance you dont have to log on to this place. Thanks for telling new law.

Like you I also trust in God.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

explorer101 said:
What brings you here. Have you come here just to tell us about the new law. That law is not applicable to anyone of us. They have made this draft for cheat consultants who are working in asia.

Look at the name of blog "Canada Immigration Forum" its preamble is discussion on immigration issues. If Immigration Ministry find something offensive here, they can ban this forum and can prosecute the owner of this website.

Look at your comments. You will not able to understand the value of assistance or help. People here are devoting their precious time to assist others without any expectation or consideration. Let those people decide as to whether they need to give or take others assistance, if you dont like assistance you dont have to log on to this place. Thanks for telling new law.

Well said Explorer. Pl carry on... Some people just failed to realize the big heart of our respected Seniors with their voluntary and precious help rendered to all of us in need has been exclusively without any interest. Its really funny of thinking that they just keep doing it for getting stars on their profile (This stars are even not something like arm badges which the military people gained in recognition of their service credits and increment on their salaries!!) Getting stars on the profile by no means given them any real value and weight for their work.... They rather blessed with all our full of heart love, gratitude and respect which can not at all be attained by someone advise people only for commercial ground!!) and it will go on which I have reason to believe is more expected to them as well beyond anything else.....Nobody is doing any illegal practice here so please...better leave the forum getting on its own right and choices......Thnx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: Immigration Advice is now Illegal !!! ("Seniors" be careful !!!!)

brett said:
...Hence the so-called "Seniors" in this forum, watch what you say or do. CBSA, RCMP, CIC etc etc. are on the lookout in full force for such advisors "oops" "Information Sharers" !! ::)
Hi buddies,

Just saw this thread - Thanks OP for advising us - it really shows your magnanimity... trying to caution us well ahead in time!!! Appreciated Sir.

However, all of us, I think, would yet decide/continue to post here from the RCMP/OPP/CSIS 'detention cells' after being prosecuted by CIC. At least I would - just for kicks!!!

Qorax

jonEthan

Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-10
Doc's Request.
5-Oct-10
AOR Received.
16-Mar-11
Med's Request
16-Oct-12

qorax said:
However, all of us, I think, would yet decide/continue to post here from the RCMP/OPP/CSIS 'detention cells' after being prosecuted by CIC. At least I would - just for kicks!!!
Qorax

Is there a "like" button here somewhere? Would definitely hit "like" on Mr Qorax' post.

DANNY25

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010

Bret, I dont know with what sort of intention u r writing this. But I guess u r some consultant or professional immigration agent whose business seems to be closed because of a GOD called Qorax.

What u talking about is a PROFESSIONAL Advice that is always paid. Free advices and services are never offendable whatsoever. I think u dont need a degree in law to understand this. Its a matter of commmon sense which unfortunately u lack my dear friend.....

Regards,
Danny

PRwait

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010

Thats Like "QORAX" !!!!!!

SUPERLIKE IT !!!!!

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!

qorax said:
Hi buddies,

Just saw this thread - Thanks OP for advising us - it really shows your magnanimity... trying to caution us well ahead in time!!! Appreciated Sir.

Qorax
EXCELLENT Captain..!! :)

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........

brett said:
For all those offering free advice in this forum Beware !!!!!!

All those offering advice on Immigration here can be prosecuted by the Crooked Consultants Act. In June, the Conservative government launched the latest attempt at regulation, with the introduction of Bill C-35 into the House of Commons, also known as the Cracking Down on Crooked Consultants Act. If enacted, the act will provide that no person shall knowingly represent or advise a person for consideration — or offer to do so — in connection with [an immigration proceeding] unless the person is a member in good standing of a law society (i.e., a lawyer), or a member of a body designated by the government.

So all those guys adding stars to your profile here by freely offering advice.....Watch Out !!! The stick is coming soon. Its not easy to try and put genuine practitioners out of business by providing alternatives. They have worked hard and aquired the knowledge and experience to practice. You cannot tell people not to hire consultants !!!!!

God Bless you all ....
Can you tell us for which CONSULTANCY firm are you working ?? :p :p :p ;D

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........

explorer101 said:

Bravo Explorer...

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Those consultants should be BEWARE who give wrong advice for money, not people who are helping people for free

Ali Haidar

Mar 23, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2009
Doc's Request.
08-08-2009
Nomination.....
23-10-2009
AOR Received.
20-10-2009
IELTS Request
submitted with documents
File Transfer...
21-10-2009
Med's Request
13-08-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
not required (I believe)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Like IT[/size][/size][/size]

Its all about awareness which these seniors are providing ! definitely consultants will hate them , i know a lot of consultants who knows nothing actually because of this forum (Seniors ) we know more than some of consultants ......

qorax said:
Hi buddies,

Qorax

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013

brett said:
Sure. w w w. arrivalcanada . com At least I am working to earn...and not like some loser who has all the time in the world to fill this forum !!!!

Mr. Sukhjinder Sandhu, President & CEO of Arrival Canada Inc., is a member of the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants (CSIC). Arrival Canada employs and works only with members of CSIC.

Oye Sardar, tere to bara baj gaye............Iol..... 8)

Regards
Cool