+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Acronyms

Syed Arsalan

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Can A fix amount money for 1 year be an alternative of 6 month bank statement

Hello Sir

I want to discuss some thing about you people during our process in our immigration.
We faced one problem they asked 6 month bank statement. we dont have but in alternate we have

1)For one year Fixed deposit amount already we have according to Canadian requirement funds.
2)In our provincial dealing we had account an old account and we gave 6 month statement when Provincial Govt ask . But after some time that bank convert to another bank and they were not giving good profit i mean less percent profit they were giving so we change our account to another bank and transfer required fund for immigration to another bank on fed 2012. and we fixed for one year. now London officer is asking 6 month statement. But in statement the required amount cannot be shown because it is fixed and in under use of the bank but when we want that money bank will give us easily. So we are sending a Mentained Fund letter on the name of immigration officer by bank manager. He is ready to give prove that we are not fake we have amount that is enough to the requirement of immigration.
So tell me it is the alternate solution of 6 month statement ??

Reply (Professional/Senior People)

Regards
Syed Arsalan Ahmed

swaraj2711

Jun 11, 2012
suggest me....

I have done B.tech in Mechatronics from India..
i got 6.0 bands in IELTS.
i got admission in sheridan college in Electro-mechanical engineering techanican, robotics & automation course.
so i want to know this course are different with my previous degree??
can i get visa rejection with this??
I already checked the subjects and most of them i studied.
but my one friend did diploma in Mechatronics and he also applied for this course and he rejected visa. and Embassy said him that mechatronics and Electro-mechanical are different course.
so please suggest me...

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I keep seeing MI3, MI2, MI4 in people's posts. What do these codes stand for?!

Stuart74

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
10-01-2012
IELTS Request
With Docs
File Transfer...
23-04-2012
Med's Request
03-05-2012
Med's Done....
09-05-2012 - MEDICALS arrived at LVO 23rd May 2012. MEDICALS RECEIVED ECAS Line added 28th June 2012. DECISION MADE ADDED 15th July 2012!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-07-2012 :D
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2012 :D
LANDED..........
07-02-2013
gizmo59 said:
Can nobody answer my question :eek: :D
Gizmo,

Basically MI3 was the current year/criteria for 2011/12, MI1 and MI2 were the previous years and MI4 would the coming year if one is set.

Stuart

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Stuart - so it was nothing I really needed to know! :D

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
hI GUYS,,

I called the designated doctor here in Norway and the Secretary made an appointment for me.. I'm applying under the Live In Caregiver program..

I received an email saying that,

Please take with you following papers:

For Canada:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menu-citizen.asp

Print out and fill in your information , the rest takes we. .Sect A, B1, C1, C2, D1, E1, E2
Take with you 3 photos and your passport.

When I opened the link, I don't know what application should I fill it up,, besides it's about student and citizen.. what form should I print?

Help!!!

thank you

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Flori said:
AOR I guess its when the CIC send you a letter telling you they receive your application. But Im not sure
Also add:
PCC: Police Certificate Clearance

Thanks a lot Mike, great info.
Mike this is very helpful, thanks for putting this together.

Flori, you're absolutely right AOR is the acknowledgement you get from CIC once they receive the application, it does not necessarily mean they have begun processing it though ;)

amfiprion

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Greece
Visa Office......
Rome
App. Filed.......
31/05/2012
AOR Received.
12/07/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012 -additional documents request 27/09/2012 -sent 11/10/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
12/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/2012
LANDED..........
22 Feb 2013
mikeramma said:
Immigration acronyms:
========================

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt

CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CANN - Community Airport Newcomers' Network
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)

DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
IRPR - Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
EAL - English as an Additional Language
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EFL - English as a Foreign Language
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
ELT - English Language Training/Teaching
ESL - English as a Second Language
ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESP - English for Specific Purposes
GIC - Guaranteed Investment Certificate
GST - Goods and Services Tax
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRDC (see HRSDC) - former Human Resources Development Canada
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ICCS - International Council for Canadian Studies
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
MSP - Medical Services Plan
NOC - National Occupational Classification
NGO - Non-Governmental Organization
OLA - Open Learning Agency
PST - Provincial Sales Tax
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
RRPF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
VSO - Voluntary Services Overseas
WCB - Workers' Compensation Board
YMCA - Young Men's Christian Association
YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request
nice work but still can't find some acronyms and as a new here I got problem to find out what's going on....

an update maybe????

;D

jason214

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
AOR Received.
19-02-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2014
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Thanks, I was having hard time to figure out those acronyms.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
mikeramma said:
Thank you Mike for taking time out for posting this. It will be helpful for many trying to find out the meaning of these acronyms.

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
what does the number followed by acronyms mean? it appears usually in the emails sent by CIC. we received two with the following:

B xxx xxx xxx/BC/BKD
B xxx xxx xxx/mb

thank you..

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
alinec said:
what does the number followed by acronyms mean? it appears usually in the emails sent by CIC. we received two with the following:

B xxx xxx xxx/BC/BKD
B xxx xxx xxx/mb

thank you..
In the letters I received from CIC, what I got was 013 B xxxx xxxx x Thatz it!!! The 10 digit code (starting with B) is your file number. Not sure of BC/BKD and mb. It could possibly something to do with your Visa Office.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
The work permit/visa documents were mailed via international signed post on 14/09/12..how long should I wait to receive it? its been 8 days now, and I don't know what they mean about work permit? Is it approve or denied?

Thank you

Sep 17, 2012
Moga
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
will apply in JULY 2013
Hi, I had lived in Canada on student visa for 10 months in the past (my study visa was issued for total time period for 27 months Multi-entry, 27 months stamp), and during that time-period I finished one semester completely of master's degree, and left next semester in-between and returned to India due to family problems. I did not even told to university and to any Canadian visa authorities. Later on university sent me email to apply for withdrawal from Master degree as I did not wrote / appeared in any exams in second semester and returned to India, and never returned back. I just returned back without informing university and Canadian embassy. I just quit that master's degree in-between.

Now I have few questions, please reply to each questions and share your views and please advise me.
1. Will they bar or ban me for any further entry to Canada in future on any other visa (temporary visa, permanent resident immigration application) ?
2. If someone left Master's degree in-between and return to India / home country without informing anyone, does that mean he or she had broken immigration laws, rules, or study permit rules ? In such condition, If he qualify, and want to apply for immigration in future will they reject permanent residence application on the basis that He or she had not finished Master's degree and returned to their home country / country of origin.
I had not stayed overtime, I just left Canada after 10 months. I did not get any letter from Immigration authorities regarding anything till date. I did not commit any crime, nor broken any law in Canada while during 10 months stay as student visa.
3. During that time, when I applied for student visa application, I mentioned I do not have any relatives in Canada, but now a time no such column is mentioned in student visa application. So, should I show relative this time during Canadian federal fast track immigration this time, as I can get 5 points towards blood-relative.
Please advise and guide me. I am also consulting immigration lawyer, but your suggestions are also value-able guys.
Thanks.