+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrating to Canada

deepshwet

May 5, 2008
Hi,

We got our Immigrant visa and the visa would be expiring in NOV'08.
We plan to visit canada in July-August'08 for sometime and then return bck to Thailand and then go with our bags packed after about 6 months. We have some questions in this regard,
1. In our application we mentioned Toronto as the destination and hence the destination mentioned in COPR is Toronto. Can we now land in Vancouver? Will it have any affect?
2. We pan to stay for about 25-35 days and then return back, can we get a place to stay for this period so that we can provide this address for our PR cards to be delivered. How can we get the accomodation.
3. Can we give address of hotel if we don't get a place for stay.
4. Can we show our Bank balance receipt of our bank account in singapore as proof of funds.
5. Which place is it easier to get accomodation vancouver/Toronto.

Please help us answer these questions, so that we can decide on our trip.
Regards,
Depshwet

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

deepshwet said:
Hi,

We got our Immigrant visa and the visa would be expiring in NOV'08.
We plan to visit canada in July-August'08 for sometime and then return bck to Thailand and then go with our bags packed after about 6 months. We have some questions in this regard,
1. In our application we mentioned Toronto as the destination and hence the destination mentioned in COPR is Toronto. Can we now land in Vancouver? Will it have any affect?

Yes you can, will have no effect unless you applied under Ontario PNP program

2. We pan to stay for about 25-35 days and then return back, can we get a place to stay for this period so that we can provide this address for our PR cards to be delivered. How can we get the accomodation.

Google Rentals Vancouver
3. Can we give address of hotel if we don't get a place for stay.
You can try.
4. Can we show our Bank balance receipt of our bank account in singapore as proof of funds.
Yes
5. Which place is it easier to get accomodation vancouver/Toronto.

Please help us answer these questions, so that we can decide on our trip.
Regards,
Depshwet
PMM

deepshwet

May 5, 2008
Hi PMM

Thanks for responses. As you have informed that the place of landing can be any place. I have some questions about PR cards.
1. Disregard to whichever city we land, can we give th address of a different province for delivery of PR cards. I have a friend in Quebec and one in New Brunswic - can we give the address of quebec for delivery of our PR cards.
2. The address for PR cards has to be a house address only? or Can it be a office address?
3. Can fixed deposit receipts be used for proof of funds.

Thanks for your responses

Deepshwet

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

deepshwet said:
Hi PMM

Thanks for responses. As you have informed that the place of landing can be any place. I have some questions about PR cards.
1. Disregard to whichever city we land, can we give th address of a different province for delivery of PR cards. I have a friend in Quebec and one in New Brunswic - can we give the address of quebec for delivery of our PR cards.
2. The address for PR cards has to be a house address only? or Can it be a office address?
3. Can fixed deposit receipts be used for proof of funds.

Thanks for your responses

Deepshwet
1. Don't give the Quebec address, it will create problems as you don't have a CSQ for Quebec.
2. Sometimes they will accept an office address, but it is iffey.
3. Not really, since you are supposed to have accessible funds to support yourself for the first 6 months, and if the CD are not cashable, it could create a problem.

PMM

deepshwet

May 5, 2008
hi
thanks for your reply

if i land in toronto can i give residence address in vancouver or vice versa.

can we reached residential address at a letter date or not.

please help me and reply .

deepshwet

deepshwet

May 5, 2008
hi
I ask one question.

If i give my freind address for delivery of PR cards, do I need to present at that address to receive at the time of delivery , or does it come as a normal post.

please reply sooon

deepshwet

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I got my PR card, they sent me a letter to appear at the towns immigration office at a certain time and date to pick it up. I think they want to make sure they check your ID and that they are giving it to you rather then send it by mail and have it end up in somebody elses hands.

You can also change your address with immigration when you know where you will be living. I'm sure that half the people who are landing do not have a permanent address when they come. Some info about changing your address with immigration here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coa&lang=en

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
When I got my PR card, they sent me a letter to appear at the towns immigration office at a certain time and date to pick it up. I think they want to make sure they check your ID and that they are giving it to you rather then send it by mail and have it end up in somebody elses hands.

You can also change your address with immigration when you know where you will be living. I'm sure that half the people who are landing do not have a permanent address when they come. Some info about changing your address with immigration here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coa&lang=en
Initial PR cards for new Immigrants are mailed out ordinary mail. In Canada initial PR cards and renewals have to be picked up.

PMM

mido_gillyan

Aug 14, 2008
hallo

hi i'm a egyptian and my wife british citizen so what we need because we decide to move to canada my son from my with my son from my ex- wife so what we need exactly thanx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
The provincial nominee program is the fastest way to immigrate now. Applying as a skilled worker can take 3-5 years in some cases.