+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrating as an Engineer through Canada Express Entry

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Hello,

I have an active profile in CIC for immigrating as an Engineer. I have a 4 year Bachelors degree accredited by WES Canada and my NOC is 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineer). Now I am doubtful whether it is possible to immigrate as an engineer without a P.Eng certification.

Is it possible to submit a new profile under a different NOC category such as 2243 (Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics) simultaneously? My plan is to immigrate at a lower level and obtain a P.Eng certification after completing the required years of work experience. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,
Sreeraj

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hi Sreeraj,

You can apply for a "provisional" PEng. license (that can become permanent once you've acquired once you've gained work experience of 1 year in Canada supervised by a licenced (PEng.) engineer) even before migrating to Canada.

I suggest you contact the engineering body of the state in which you want to settle in (i.e. PEO, APEBC, APEGA,etc) and then start the application process.

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Hi Mystique,

Thanks for the input. I live at Qatar right now, working as an engineer and is awaiting ITA from Canada. I have included all Canadian provinces in my application as I am ready to move to any one of them. Also, this might improve my chances of getting selected in the draw I believe. Hence, I can apply for a provisional P.Eng license as you mentioned, only after I receive an ITA.

Presently, I am actively searching for vacancies online so that I can immigrate with a job in hand. If I mention "Engineer" as my primary occupation in my CIC profile, can I apply for lower positions such as "Supervisor" or "Operator" by employers? I have worked as a "Supervisor" before and have mentioned it in my CIC profile. Am I supposed to apply for only those jobs which are listed under my primary occupation's NOC? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sreeraj