+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrate to Canada from UK

chitwan7

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hi,
I am Nepali citizen and living in UK. I completed my MSC nursing from UK.
I would like to apply to immigrate to Canada. I am still on a student visa.
Can I apply in Express Entry or federal skilled category?
I am very confused which category I should apply
One more thing, while selecting the country of residence, I don't see UK in the current country of residence.
Am I eligible to apply from UK as a Nepali citizen?

Thank you
Waiting for your response.
Thank you

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Hi,
I am Nepali citizen and living in UK. I completed my MSC nursing from UK.
I would like to apply to immigrate to Canada. I am still on a student visa.
Can I apply in Express Entry or federal skilled category?
I am very confused which category I should apply
One more thing, while selecting the country of residence, I don't see UK in the current country of residence.
Am I eligible to apply from UK as a Nepali citizen?

Thank you
Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Express Entry is the system that manages skilled immigration to Canada and not an immigration program. However, the Federal Skill Worker Program is an immigration program and in which you should fall under. However, you must have had at least one year of professional, full-time work experience in a NOC Code 0, A, B. For instance, if you have legally worked in the UK as a Nurse for at least 12 months, full-time (37.5+) or equally in part-time. Then your experience should be in NOC Code A, which makes you eligible for Express Entry.

Have you ever worked as a nurse in the UK or your home country? If not, then you are not eligible for immigration to Canada UNLESS you get that one year of full-time work experience.

You are eligible to apply for Express Entry regardless of your place of current residence, citizenship; and place of birth. However, you must proof you hold a legal status in your current country of residence if you hold a different nationality.

chitwan7

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have one more question. I don't see UK under current country of residence. Do I select current country of resident UK or Nepal. I dont see UK under current country of residence. In note its written- only listed country can apply where I dont see UK.
Please suggest me. I would be happy if you please suggest me any immigration consultancy in Canada.
THank you
Regards,

Express Entry is the system that manages skilled immigration to Canada and not an immigration program. However, the Federal Skill Worker Program is an immigration program and in which you should fall under. However, you must have had at least one year of professional, full-time work experience in a NOC Code 0, A, B. For instance, if you have legally worked in the UK as a Nurse for at least 12 months, full-time (37.5+) or equally in part-time. Then your experience should be in NOC Code A, which makes you eligible for Express Entry.

Have you ever worked as a nurse in the UK or your home country? If not, then you are not eligible for immigration to Canada UNLESS you get that one year of full-time work experience.

You are eligible to apply for Express Entry regardless of your place of current residence, citizenship; and place of birth. However, you must proof you hold a legal status in your current country of residence if you hold a different nationality.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have one more question. I don't see UK under current country of residence. Do I select current country of resident UK or Nepal. I dont see UK under current country of residence. In note its written- only listed country can apply where I dont see UK.
Please suggest me. I would be happy if you please suggest me any immigration consultancy in Canada.
THank you
Regards,
Have you tried England/Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland... whichever applies?

Reactions: TempResident

chitwan7

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hi, I am a student three. I studied nursing but I am not licensed registered nurse till now. Completed my MSC Nursing from UK. Currently Nepali citizen. I was RN in Nepal. I worked in UK for 1 year full time as a supervised practice nurse bhayer. So What do you suggest. In which Category can I apply? If I apply express entry, I am not still registered as a nurse in UK. I have 7.5 IELTS academic that I gave before 3 month. Does it work or need to give general ietls.
Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am a student three. I studied nursing but I am not licensed registered nurse till now. Completed my MSC Nursing from UK. Currently Nepali citizen. I was RN in Nepal. I worked in UK for 1 year full time as a supervised practice nurse bhayer. So What do you suggest. In which Category can I apply? If I apply express entry, I am not still registered as a nurse in UK. I have 7.5 IELTS academic that I gave before 3 month. Does it work or need to give general ietls.
Thank you
General IETLS. You cannot use Academic for immigration purposes.