+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrate as Commercial Pilot Licence (Level of education to be selected)

ts19

Nov 16, 2016
My brother worked with Jet Airways in India for 3 years as a Commercial Pilot. He got laid off back in last year in 2019 when the company Jet Airways shut down its operations. He is planning to immigrate to Canada and his Commercial Pilot Licence is still valid. He got his licence from a technical flying school in Pantnagar-India after completing his grade 12. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me with the following questions while creating his profile:

1> His total experience Aug 2016- Aug 2019 as a Pilot. Can we claim his 3 years points? Currently, he is working as a manager in Family owned transportation business.
2> What should be the level of education selected in the profile? Should it be 2 year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute?
3> He has completed his distant (correspondence) MBA degree from Lovely University- Jalandhar, India. Can we claim the points of his degree since it is a correspondence degree? If yes, kindly suggest how to claim those points?

Kindly suggest.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My brother worked with Jet Airways in India for 3 years as a Commercial Pilot. He got laid off back in last year in 2019 when the company Jet Airways shut down its operations. He is planning to immigrate to Canada and his Commercial Pilot Licence is still valid. He got his licence from a technical flying school in Pantnagar-India after completing his grade 12. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me with the following questions while creating his profile:

1> His total experience Aug 2016- Aug 2019 as a Pilot. Can we claim his 3 years points? Currently, he is working as a manager in Family owned transportation business.
2> What should be the level of education selected in the profile? Should it be 2 year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute?
3> He has completed his distant (correspondence) MBA degree from Lovely University- Jalandhar, India. Can we claim the points of his degree since it is a correspondence degree? If yes, kindly suggest how to claim those points?

Kindly suggest.
1) Yes, assuming he worked a full three years full time.
2) He needs to get his education officially evaluated to determine how many points he can claim. You won't be able to fully set up his EE profile until he gets his education officially evaluated.
3) Same as above. He will need to get this degree officially evaluated to determine if he can claim points and how many.

ts19

Nov 16, 2016
1) Yes, assuming he worked a full three years full time.
2) He needs to get his education officially evaluated to determine how many points he can claim. You won't be able to fully set up his EE profile until he gets his education officially evaluated.
3) Same as above. He will need to get this degree officially evaluated to determine if he can claim points and how many.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. One last question, where can he get his relevant document and degree evaluated from India?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.