+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrants planning to land in next few months..lets connect here!!

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
greatgoer said:
Hello Qorax & Seniors,

I am currently in U.S on H1B visa holding Canadian COPR visas and am planning to complete my Canadian permanent residence landing next week with my family in Toronto Pearson Intnl airport, Canada. We need to be back to U.S in a week time after we complete our Canadian landing. With that said, I have the following questions as appropriate to the topics related to our Canadian landing.
Do not tell this to Immigration officer that you will be going back in week's time, they may ask you for your intention to stay in province you should tell them the choice of your province and your permanent intention to stay in Canada because you are given PR on basis of you intention. It could create problem if you say I will see if I can get some job and if not I will go back. IO at border has authority to cancel PR

1. For the Proof Of Funds during landing, I will be carrying a single Cashier's check of the whole amount (USD 17500 which is more or equivalent to CAD 17011) for my whole family (a family of 3) payable to myself and NOT endorsed. My questions on this topic are:

(a) I understand that I can carry USD for my family's PoF during landing and carry it as one single Cashier's check for the whole required amount. Is my understanding correct? It should be certified cheque or DD, I am not sure what cashier check means

(b) I will be flying with my family from Boston, USA airport to Toronto Pearson Intnl airport, Canada to complete my landing. I do NOT have any plans to deposit the cashier's check in Canada and as such, we will be returing to U.S with the same cashier's check. Having said that we need to declare any negotiable funds/instruments of USD 10,000 to US CBP while leaving and getting into U.S, do I need to declare this cashier's check (value of 17500 USD payable to myself and NOT endorsed) at the Boston, USA airport (both during when I fly from USA to Canada and back to US)?

(c) Does this cashier's check need to be mentioned in the "Goods To Accompany" list? NO

2. Regarding the aspect of carrying Jewelry in the "Goods To Accompany" list, I have the following questions on this topic:

(a) Do we need to mention the jewels we wear during landing in the GTA list?NO

(b) If so, there are some jewels which my wife(she belongs to a specific Indian community) wants to wear all-time and to NOT take off from her body anytime anywhere due to traditional reasons. Further to my understanding from Qorax & Seniors that it is better to take pictures of the Jewels that we refer in GTA/GTF list, how should I manage this issue on "traditional jewelry" ? Just click picture of your wife wearing jewelry, the purpose is to save tax and duty on your future travels

3. In terms of referring electrical and/or electronic stuff in my GTA/GTF list, in addition to their values, should I mention their Manufacturer-Serial-No (or) IMEI-No (or) Any-Other-Related-Details?

4. As I am flying with my infant, I need to carry medications and baby foods as well in the flight to Canada . My questions on this topic are as follows.

(a) Would there be any problems if I carry these baby foods in check-in baggage? NO

(b) Can we carry "Over the Counter" medications (Pediacare for my infant, Multi-Vitamins for us) in check-in-baggage?NO

(c) Can we carry "Gerber" products for infant food? Are there any food/medicines (be it for adult/infant) which we should NOT carry in the flight?No Food Items in flight as it will be stopped at immigration check

I regret for my lengthy content and please advice me on my above mentioned queries at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

greatgoer

Oct 15, 2011
Hello Jitu1011,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regarding the document for PoF, yes it will be a certified cashier's check a.k.a Bank Draft payable to myself, but will be NOT endorsed which means that I will NOT sign it on the back of that check to en-cash/deposit it.

I would request you and the Senior Members to advice me on the declaration of cashier's check to US CBP while flying out and into US.

Thanks again.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
greatgoer said:
Hello Jitu1011,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regarding the document for PoF, yes it will be a certified cashier's check a.k.a Bank Draft payable to myself, but will be NOT endorsed which means that I will NOT sign it on the back of that check to en-cash/deposit it.

I would request you and the Senior Members to advice me on the declaration of cashier's check to US CBP while flying out and into US.

Thanks again.
As per my knowledge purpose of POF is to show that you have funds to support your initial stay. So it doesn't matter if you can show it in Bank statement (Canadian Bank) or Bank Draft or Cash.

Now Second query is regarding taking the negotiable instrument along with you across border while you travel, if you read the form of disclosure it clearly say goods or cash over 2000 dollors to be declared, the purpose of that disclosure is to levy tax on goods or money, but here it is your money and not cash so you will not face any problem and when you already disclosed this as your POF and you jewelery while landing you will not be required to pay and duty or taxes.

Also make sure all jewelry your wife may have , (I am Indian too and understand she may be wearing mangal sutra) must be disclosed at time of landing so as to avoid any problems in your future travel. Because in several cases it has seen that new immigrants when travel second or third time to canada and not disclosed their ancestrol or gift jewelry items during landing has paid duty at immigration check.

I hope I explained every bit in detail

greatgoer

Oct 15, 2011
Hello Jitu1011,

Thanks again for the clarification. One another query which I missed to get an answer for which I request your advise on the same.

In terms of referring electrical and/or electronic stuff in my GTA/GTF list, in addition to their values, should I mention their Manufacturer-Serial-No (or) IMEI-No (or) Any-Other-Related-Details?

Thank you.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
greatgoer said:
Hello Jitu1011,

Thanks again for the clarification. One another query which I missed to get an answer for which I request your advise on the same.

In terms of referring electrical and/or electronic stuff in my GTA/GTF list, in addition to their values, should I mention their Manufacturer-Serial-No (or) IMEI-No (or) Any-Other-Related-Details?

Thank you.
I saw the form few months back but doesn't remember if we have any space for it. But someone over this forum suggested to make a list on excel sheet and they will stamp it, so you can actually make an excel sheet category wise for all goods and mention the Make and Item number.

abhia145

Sep 5, 2012
Guys guys guys...not to discourage anyone. But please stay wherever you are. At least for the time being. Do a complete and thorough research before relocating to Canada. I have suffered enough in the past 8 months and I have seen a lot of suffering around me. So its a sincere advice. Please do not resign you current job and plan a relocation right now. Toronto is virtually over for immigrants!

abhia145

Sep 5, 2012
I am said:
I am very confused. If it is so hard for immigrants to find a job as permanent residents then how come we were given the permanent residence
as federal skilled workers??? If they only care about canadian experience then it is not only going to be hard to have a job but it is gonna be extremely hard . Besides those like myself who can´t go straight into dentistry, for example, what option do we have?? There must be light at the end of the tunnel.
Any suggestions please
Its very true. Unless you have the so called Canadian experience, its gonna be really tough for you. I landed in Jan-12 and other than spending my entire savings I have gained nothing. Please do a lot of research until you die before planning a relocation. ITS MY SINCERE ADVICE TO EVERYONE!

amritsar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21 Feb 2012
Med's Request
09 July
Med's Done....
11 July
Interview........
Landing Fees DD cashed on 25 July and Medical Received line appear on 01/08/12
Guys can we use Indian/UK mobile or laptop charger in Canada?
If No, then what is the alternative and how much that can cost?
Regards
Shery

srana

Aug 31, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
20-08-2010, update documents sent 27-01-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
n/a
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Unknown
VISA ISSUED...
Unknown
LANDED..........
Unknown
amritsar said:
Guys can we use Indian/UK mobile or laptop charger in Canada?
If No, then what is the alternative and how much that can cost?
Regards
Shery

yolex01

Oct 15, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
6241 (Chef)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/07/2011
AOR Received.
21/09/2011
File Transfer...
beginning October 2011 / 2nd line 07/06/12
Med's Request
12/07/2012 requested with PCC & RPRF + some updated forms
Med's Done....
02/08/2012 / MR + updated forms & PCC delivered 08/08/12.....3rd line on E-cas 07/10/12
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04/10/2012....PPs sent 05/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on E-cas 07/10/12 / visa issued 26/10/2012 / passports received back 01/11/2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
MAKY said:
Nice thread...i intend landing soon by Gods grace and going to sch immediatly but am just wondering how i wil cope with my two kids who are less than 2yrs.my destination wil be winnipeg.pls thoes landed shud let me know the way to cope with this kids as my husband will be working ful time.as i learnt nanny, day care are quite expensive
Hi Maky,

Good luck with your move. My hubby and I were gonna choose Winnipeg as well as our landing point but then we changed our minds to mississauga or Toronto due to them being bigger cities (more employment opportunities). I did some research and Winnipeg seems a nice place to live and safe for kids to grow up as well. I advise you to go straight to a Settlement Agency once you arrive to Canada, Winnipeg should have one. There they will advise you about housing , jobs, education. If you want to study they will point you in the right direction and go through your options about childcare as each state is different. You can always contact them before leaving to Canada for advise and they may help you as well. Use Google to find some more info about education and childcare for new immigrants. Use the canadian version: www.google.ca
If you type "living in Winnipeg" or "living in Winnipeg as new immigrants", it should give a list of site you can find info on. There should be one from Winnipeg and also from Manitoba, they always have a section for new comers. I found lots of info but since we change destination id not keep the links, sorry.
Good luck with your search...

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Yelox010 thank you so much

Shahariar_Sumon

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
24-10-11
Med's Request
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
14-05-2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
26-07-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-12
abhia145 said:
Its very true. Unless you have the so called Canadian experience, its gonna be really tough for you. I landed in Jan-12 and other than spending my entire savings I have gained nothing. Please do a lot of research until you die before planning a relocation. ITS MY SINCERE ADVICE TO EVERYONE!
Hi! Thanks for ur advice.
Can u please share ur NOC.

Canada immigration is like Lottery, getting job also a Lottery....

- Sumon

idkolapo

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
Med's Request
21-05-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2012
Good day syrus,

I am kolapo, idowu by name. I am a nigerian, and just got my PR visa under federal skilled worker category.

I am planning to land in Alberta in few months, and i would appreciate your assistance in getting a starter job as you stated on this thread that you have the capacity.

Kindly send me your e-mail address incase there is need for me to send my resume to you.

Thank you

Idowu

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
Hi every1,
plz share some info's on flight ticket prices and bookings from India or Australia to canada...if you know any. According to the price i should either choose flying from india or australia... I think it will on top of the roof :eek:... planning to land in April 2013.. thanks guys.