+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrant ECA Acceptability of the Degree

KevinAlme

Jul 21, 2019
Hi Friends, need some assistance.

I have completed my Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM UK), which is accepted as a professional degree. I would want to know whether it is accepted for the Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) when migrating to Canada?

If so from where should I attest it under the ECA?

Thank You.

Reactions: TheOriginator89

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
You need to get an ECA first, the equivalency given by the ECA will you fetch you points accordingly.

For Canada Express Entry, only degrees in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Law, Chiropractic, Optometry, Podiatry and Dentistry are considered as professional degrees. Professional degrees gets you points that are equal to that of a Masters. So, your studies from CIM UK, will not be considered as the professional degree for immigration to Canada.

Information on from where you can get an ECA: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

Note: Out of all 5, WES is the fastest.

KevinAlme

Jul 21, 2019
You need to get an ECA first, the equivalency given by the ECA will you fetch you points accordingly.

For Canada Express Entry, only degrees in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Law, Chiropractic, Optometry, Podiatry and Dentistry are considered as professional degrees. Professional degrees gets you points that are equal to that of a Masters. So, your studies from CIM UK, will not be considered as the professional degree for immigration to Canada.

Information on from where you can get an ECA: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

Note: Out of all 5, WES is the fastest.

Thank you for the information provided. What is the next fastest after WES out of, Cuz my only option is to attest my Masters if so?

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
If you’ve got a masters as well as the chartered qualification I’d just get the masters attested by Wes as that’s give you the most points

Reactions: KevinAlme

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
if you have a Master's, get your Master's evaluated from WES.

WES has a processing time of 35 working days from the day they receive your documents.
UToronto CES, ICES has about 14 weeks
ICAS and IQAS takes ~24 weeks.

Reactions: KevinAlme