+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immediate reject after creating profile for PR Express Entry. Why am I ineligible?

iamsabina

Mar 18, 2021
Hi, I'm trying to create my profile for PR Federal Skilled Worker category. I have checked ALL the requirements and I believe that I am eligible.
But as soon as I create the profile, in about 30sec-1min, I get rejected. It says I'm ineligible. I tried a few times, also deleted and created a new account and tried, nothing works.
Can anyone please check my info and tell me where I'm making a mistake?
FYI, I'm already in Canada since 2017 September. I'm doing PhD (not completed yet).

Immigration program (FSW, CEC, FST): FSW
LMIA-approved job offer (Yes / No): No

Language test taken (for IELTS, indicate whether general or academic): IELTS General
Date of language test results: Taken on 07-MAR-2021, Result was released on 11-MAR-2021
Score Listening: 8.5
Score Reading: 8.5
Score Writing: 7.0
Score Speaking: 6.5

Proof of funds (C$): 14,500 (according to the CIC website, $12,960 is enough for one, so I put a bit more. However, I can add a much larger amount if it will make a difference)
# of family members (you + spouse + kids): 1 (just me, single, never married)

Your highest degree: Masters Degree
Canada or foreign? Foreign (UK)
Do you have an ECA for this? Yes (Done on 16 MAR 2021 by WES)

The longest period of continuous foreign work experience in one NOC in the last 10 years: 1 year (at 2 full time jobs without gap)
Number of hours per week: 30 and 40 respectively
NOC Code: 1241 (NOC Level B)
*I have 2 more experiences, but not continuous, but I added all of them anyway and they are all in the same 1241 NOC code*

Sum of Canadian work experience in the last 3 years: 0 (no Canadian experience, as I was a full time graduate student)
Number of hours per week: 0 (no Canadian work experience)
NOC Code(s): N/A

What is your FSW score (for FSW applicants only):
Language: 23/24 (IELTS equivilancy = CLB 8 for speaking only, other categories are CLB 9 or 10)
Education: 23/25 (Masters at University of Edinburgh, ECA assessment completed)
Experience: 9/15 (1 year)
Arranged Employment: 0/10 (No arranged employment)
Adaptability: 5/10 (completed at least 2 academic years of full-time study)
Total: 72

CRS:389

iamsabina

Mar 18, 2021
Maybe I should just include two work experiences (5+7 months without gap) so the system doesn't get confused? I added 2 more experiences that are not continuous but in the same NOC code. (6 and 4 months)

Job 1: 2012 July - 2012 Dec (40h/week)
Job 2: 2013 Feb - 2013 June (40h/week)
Job 3: 2015 Mar - 2015 July (30h/week)
Job 4: 2015 July - 2016 Feb (40h/week)

-> Job 3+4 suffice the 1 year full time continuous work experience requirement.

I also put 2012 June as the date I became qualified to work in the field (Bachelor graduated).

Anything else I'm missing? I'm so frustrated...

I also tried checking Alberta (where I am living at the moment) or All province (Not Quebec), but they all got rejected.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
from
2015 March 1st
To
2016 Feb 29th

isn’t it a full year?

but I also tried putting [to 2016 March] but it still got rejected immediately. (Officially on the paper I worked till March 1st 2016)
It's honestly hard to say what you have answered incorrectly or what the issue is with what information you have entered without seeing all of the details. If you're still really stuck, I would recommend that provide your responses here to each question (apart from those with any personal information).

VVCanadaVV

Apr 3, 2020
Maybe I should just include two work experiences (5+7 months without gap) so the system doesn't get confused? I added 2 more experiences that are not continuous but in the same NOC code. (6 and 4 months)

Job 1: 2012 July - 2012 Dec (40h/week)
Job 2: 2013 Feb - 2013 June (40h/week)
Job 3: 2015 Mar - 2015 July (30h/week)
Job 4: 2015 July - 2016 Feb (40h/week)

-> Job 3+4 suffice the 1 year full time continuous work experience requirement.

I also put 2012 June as the date I became qualified to work in the field (Bachelor graduated).

Anything else I'm missing? I'm so frustrated...

I also tried checking Alberta (where I am living at the moment) or All province (Not Quebec), but they all got rejected.
Did you try including two work experience without gap only?

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the requirement for FSW is at least ONE job with 1 year continuous without gap. So you have 1 year experience but falls into 2 jobs, that might be the reason

iamsabina

Mar 18, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the requirement for FSW is at least ONE job with 1 year continuous without gap. So you have 1 year experience but falls into 2 jobs, that might be the reason
No it could be more than 1 job as long as they are continuous and over 1560h in total

iamsabina

Mar 18, 2021
Not correct as far as I know. 1 year of continuous work experience in 1 job is the requirement for fsw.
From: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Your skilled work experience must be
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Doesn't my case fall under the last one (red fonts)?

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
From: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Your skilled work experience must be
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Doesn't my case fall under the last one (red fonts)?
I believe not, unfortunately the red mark says that they will accept full time work experience at more than one job in your express entry. However, one of the requirements of the FSW program is to have a 1 year continuous work experience in one job at least. Then you can have 6 + 3 + 5 months etc of any work experiences you combined through the years.

iamsabina

Mar 18, 2021
I believe not, unfortunately the red mark says that they will accept full time work experience at more than one job in your express entry. However, one of the requirements of the FSW program is to have a 1 year continuous work experience in one job at least. Then you can have 6 + 3 + 5 months etc of any work experiences you combined through the years.
The problem is now solved! I successfully created my profile! The problem was NOT the work experience. It was my education history. I made a mistake inputing the info! So yes, my work experience (Job 3+4) is qualified as the red marks say above. Thanks

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
The problem is now solved! I successfully created my profile! The problem was NOT the work experience. It was my education history. I made a mistake inputing the info! So yes, my work experience (Job 3+4) is qualified as the red marks say above. Thanks
I urge to ask other senior members regarding this. I dont want you to to receive an ITA and send your profile to be rejected.

moizpirzada

Oct 26, 2019
Same issue i am facing also. i have 4.5 years of experience and got clb 7 in ielts GT. but dont know why my profile getting ineligible.