Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
Hi all just want to get your honest opinion on this ...
I was sponsoring my wife in Philippines ..and when she was filling up form IMM5669 (Schedule A Declaration/Background)
Question 6 (d) been refused refugee status...etc. she thought it was only referring on refugee application and she put answered NO on
that question , but she applied for a visitors visa way back in 2008-2009 and was denied. After we found out she sent an email to
the visa office in Manila stating that she made an honest mistake on the form and that she misread it. Any thoughts on whats gonna
happen now ?
Application sent 10/19
AOR1 11/09/16
SA 11/29/16

Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Louman64 said:
I was sponsoring my wife in Philippines ..and when she was filling up form IMM5669 (Schedule A Declaration/Background)
Question 6 (d) been refused refugee status...etc. she thought it was only referring on refugee application and she put answered NO on
that question , but she applied for a visitors visa way back in 2008-2009 and was denied. After we found out she sent an email to
the visa office in Manila stating that she made an honest mistake on the form and that she misread it. Any thoughts on whats gonna
happen now ?
Application sent 10/19
AOR1 11/09/16
SA 11/29/16

Thank you
Just resubmit the corrected form to CIC. If you do so before the officer catches it, then you should be ok.

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
Thank you Profiler ....do you think the email that she sent regarding
the error is not enough ?

Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Louman64 said:
Thank you Profiler ....do you think the email that she sent regarding
the error is not enough ?

Thank you
I would also correct the form. It shows you genuinely made a mistake and you're trying to correct it.

I wouldn't rely on them reading a single email note.

Queeen.14

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017 (AOM)
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
File Transfer...
02-11-2016 / AOR2: 03-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
LANDED..........
Hoping VERY SOON
Louman64 said:
happen now ?
Application sent 10/19
AOR1 11/09/16
SA 11/29/16

Thank you
We're in the same boat. I might have overlooked that part too. I also failed to put in my UCI details. Here's the thing, WE HIRED A CONSULTANT AND THOUGHT THEY COULD HELP BUT THEY DIDN'T!! This forum has helped me more than they did and doesn't even cost a peny!

I need help on how to explain the part why I failed on putting those info. It wasn't just an honest mistake on my part, but also a negligence on theirs! I don't have copies of the forms we submitted which is why I wasn't able to double/triple check them. Do you think I should include saying that on my explanation? I have no idea how to start fixing this now. I am so frustrated please help...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Queeen.14 said:
We're in the same boat. I might have overlooked that part too. I also failed to put in my UCI details. Here's the thing, WE HIRED A CONSULTANT AND THOUGHT THEY COULD HELP BUT THEY DIDN'T!! This forum has helped me more than they did and doesn't even cost a peny!

I need help on how to explain the part why I failed on putting those info. It wasn't just an honest mistake on my part, but also a negligence on theirs! I don't have copies of the forms we submitted which is why I wasn't able to double/triple check them. Do you think I should include saying that on my explanation? I have no idea how to start fixing this now. I am so frustrated please help...
First question, is the sponsor / PA in Canada? If so, there is one means to be able to get the form. If one of you are in Canada, you can make an ATIP application to get all the materials as they were filed from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp . There is a $5 fee. If you are both in Canada, then you can do it for free by putting in a Privacy Act request instead: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp .

Otherwise, get the form pdf, fill it out with proper information. Then when you submit it via Case Specific Enquiry ( https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx ) explain that it was completed by your representative, and that you feel it was incorrect. You would like to submit corrected forms for everything you felt had errors. Apologise, sign and date.

Queeen.14

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017 (AOM)
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
LANDED..........
Hoping VERY SOON
profiler said:
First question, is the sponsor / PA in Canada? If so, there is one means to be able to get the form. If one of you are in Canada, you can make an ATIP application to get all the materials as they were filed from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp . There is a $5 fee. If you are both in Canada, then you can do it for free by putting in a Privacy Act request instead: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp .

Otherwise, get the form pdf, fill it out with proper information. Then when you submit it via Case Specific Enquiry ( https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx ) explain that it was completed by your representative, and that you feel it was incorrect. You would like to submit corrected forms for everything you felt had errors. Apologise, sign and date.
My partner (sponsor) is in Canada. We requested ATIP last Dec 6 and still haven't received a response. Actually, they did not represent our app. They just basically helped in putting everything together, checking missing info (which they sucked, sorry), etc. so I don't have IMM5476. Im thinking all of these are delaying our app.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Queeen.14 said:
My partner (sponsor) is in Canada. We requested ATIP last Dec 6 and still haven't received a response. Actually, they did not represent our app. They just basically helped in putting everything together, checking missing info (which they sucked, sorry), etc. so I don't have IMM5476. Im thinking all of these are delaying our app.
When you get your ATIP response, make a request for ALL filings. They will send you all the paperwork they received for the case.

Queeen.14

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017 (AOM)
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
LANDED..........
Hoping VERY SOON
profiler said:
When you get your ATIP response, make a request for ALL filings. They will send you all the paperwork they received for the case.
Do we have to request that separately and pay another $5? Sorry, I'm in between jobs that's why I'm asking

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Queeen.14 said:
Do we have to request that separately and pay another $5? Sorry, I'm in between jobs that's why I'm asking
Nope. You can make a PA request. That's free for residents of Canada. To be safe, fill out the Consent form, and have your spouse pass the form in with the request. You will need to wait for the current ATIP request to complete -- they will only allow one request at a time, though.

Queeen.14

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017 (AOM)
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
LANDED..........
Hoping VERY SOON
profiler said:
Nope. You can make a PA request. That's free for residents of Canada. To be safe, fill out the Consent form, and have your spouse pass the form in with the request. You will need to wait for the current ATIP request to complete -- they will only allow one request at a time, though.
Ok. Thank you so much for the help!

For the meantime, do you think its best if I submit the correct forms and letter of explanation?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Queeen.14 said:
Ok. Thank you so much for the help!

For the meantime, do you think its best if I submit the correct forms and letter of explanation?
Yes, the sooner the better. If you know the form has an error, then include that form too in your CSE.

Queeen.14

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017 (AOM)
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
LANDED..........
Hoping VERY SOON
profiler said:
Yes, the sooner the better. If you know the form has an error, then include that form too in your CSE.
Ok thank you so much